sharetrader
    Investments

Quote Originally Posted by HKG2301 View Post
    And isn't that just exactly what you're doing with that (and other) posts, 'sentiment souring'?

Again, no big deal, unless you make it so...
    Since when providing unbiased information become motivated action ....maybe u see it that way ...

I have no direct holdings in ATM but thru KFL have a exposure ...so I have no axe to grind here ...but was just trying to provide information as seen by me . If u dont agree then its very fine with me but please dont ascribe ulterior motives when there are no such intentions ...

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Not much and pretty much the same as they are saying here...... if anything this news strengthens the 'pure nz clean' message as the 'contamination' 99.9% likely to have occurred at the Chinese end. Underlines the weaknesses in the Chinese food supply chain, not to mention their increasing use of alleged slave/low wage labour both in agriculture and factories.

Mind you the SP may still take a hit with nervous weak hands. I would only be buying on either good news or a confirmed uptrend. (Be good to get the uncertainty of the US inauguration/civil unrest out of the way too.)
    Good points, LF.

On that note, I believe losses from the drop in ATM's sp have now clouded any resemblance of objective assessments by some holders of any developments (be them positive or negative) with ATM and the industry.

Examples :

1. Wholesale downgrades and reduced valuations by the major broking houses in response to the double earnings downgrades - perfectly natural & logical responses by the stockbroking industry. Note the numbers of posters commenting that the downgrades are conspiracies by the broking houses to manipulate the market and prise stock from the hands of shareholders.

2. China trade sanctions against Australia leading to fears that dairy products could be next on the list of products to be sanctioned. Note some posters here accusing other posters of scare-mongering when they were simply commenting on market concerns (could be right or could be wrong).

3. Shorters building up their positions in the stock after covering on the second downgrade. Note some posters using the strongest possible language on what is an accepted and actually healthy aspect of the stock markets.

Point is this - It is better to be aware of what's happening in the market, what's driving the stock price and position oneself accordingly. There is no point in getting emotional about developments - because emotions cloud judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Since when providing unbiased information become motivated action ....maybe u see it that way ...

I have no direct holdings in ATM but thru KFL have a exposure ...so I have no axe to grind here ...but was just trying to provide information as seen by me . If u dont agree then its very fine with me but please dont ascribe ulterior motives when there are no such intentions ...
    Sadly, alokdhir - emotions are clouding judgements.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-01-2021 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Not much and pretty much the same as they are saying here...... if anything this news strengthens the 'pure nz clean' message as the 'contamination' 99.9% likely to have occurred at the Chinese end. Underlines the weaknesses in the Chinese food supply chain, not to mention their increasing use of alleged slave/low wage labour both in agriculture and factories.
    Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Why everyone hates Chinese yet everyone wish they bought ATM products.

Ironic really....lol....
    There are many who think that the criminal justice and the incarceration institutions in NZ and the Western world have become soft and breed hardened criminals & gangs. Victims' rights have taken a back seat to criminal rights - note how criminals are able to kill infants in NZ with impunity when family members & witnesses exercise their 'rights' to cover up?

There are far worse things than criminals (who forfeit their rights to be in society until they are rehabilitated) doing productive work while they serve their time in jail - that's what some Asian countries do but the West (led by the hypocritical US which just executed two mentally impaired prisoners) cannot resist serving up yet another helping of 'morality'.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-01-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post

Sorry, mate. I guess it boils down to the language you used, which seemed overly dramatic - which, in turn, suggests a certain motivation.

I appreciate English is not your first language, so perhaps I'm wrong, and you're not simply waiting/hoping for entry at a lower SP.

Quote Originally Posted by HKG2301 View Post
    DON'T PANIC...!!!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-coronavirus-found-in-ice-cream-made-in-china-from-nz-milk-powder/FHZI6HLSKDJZ6O6ZRP64KM7BN4/

No evidence whatsoever that Covid survives/travels in un-chilled milk powder. Highly likely caused at the icecream production plant in Tianjin from an infected worker.

You've got to work pretty hard to make this seem a problem for NZ milk powder.

Click-bait.
    From China Daily:
    https://www.chinadaily.com.cn/a/2021...d0baa2e2b.html

And this, which reports that the ice-cream had been made "using milk powder from Ukraine and whey powder from New Zealand":
    https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-i...china-20210116
    Last edited by HKG2301; 17-01-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever see a ladbible article quoted on sharetrader

Wow so chief people officer Lisa snaking back to Virgin following pide piper Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever see a ladbible article quoted on sharetrader
    How about Wales Online...? This story has legs!

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...d-ice-19641636

Guru

I hear on todays Aust news that there was a covid 19 contaminated ice cream in China supposedly made using N Z milk powder, I truly hope that this does not rub off onto ATM today !!

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    I hear on todays Aust news that there was a covid 19 contaminated ice cream in China supposedly made using N Z milk powder, I truly hope that this does not rub off onto ATM today !!
    Old news - and there is no indication that the Covid 19 came from the NZ milk powder. Actually - pretty absurd suggestion given NZ's Covid status - isn't it?

It is like baking a cake in NZ using flour coming from Australia, spices from Asia and berries from Russia. If the Kiwi baker sneezes at the cake before it is sold and leaves his flu virus on the cake, would this be the fault of the Australian farmers (producing the grain), the Asian farmers (growing the spices) or the Russians picking the berries?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)