sharetrader

OK, back to ATM, shall we?

This is a quite sad trend chart (using MA100 and MA 200) ... no matter what the daily SP jitter:

A2MCap.JPG

Of course, Mr. Market can change his views any time without warning, but typically it would need some big fat good news event to change such an established down trend.

Why are people assuming the trend changed, which indicator am I missing? - or is this just a case of buying pink goggles?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Balance is an extremely experienced and incredibly knowledgeable investor. But like all of us, he has his blind spots.
    With Beagle I have learned to take the wuff with the smooth. (old joke)
    When people add an incredible amount of knowledge, experience, analysis and intelligence to the forum which stimulates great debate and adds so much vibrancy to this place, (that at times would be like a morgue if it wasn't for posters like Balance), I am more than happy to accept them as they are. The truth is we all have our own unique eccentricities. Some are really politically incorrect and I for one find that really refreshing.

I haven't posted in here for quite a few days because to be honest I think this is now just a very ordinary company that's really struggling and really gets FAR more attention than it deserves. There's got to be something more worthwhile to bark about...
    Last edited by Beagle; 08-03-2021 at 12:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Maybe ATM can use some of that cash and hire a real CEO that can turn the ship around, a bit like what AMD did.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    When people add an incredible amount of knowledge, experience, analysis and intelligence to the forum which stimulates great debate and adds so much vibrancy to this place, (that at times would be like a morgue if it wasn't for posters like Balance), I am more than happy to accept them as they are. The truth is we all have our own unique eccentricities. Some are really politically incorrect and I for one find that really refreshing.

I haven't posted in here for quite a few days because to be honest I think this is now just a very ordinary company that's really struggling and really gets FAR more attention than it deserves. There's got to be something more worthwhile to bark about...
    I tried not to repeat but this is how the current look like.

The Negatives are all taken in with all the informations available.
    The Positives are reflecting the SP from Insto's and share holders whom already taken into accounts and looking to the future of the company and have been buying back shares from all the panic sellers.
    It has been 3 days straight :
    1st day : 42 mil shares was changed hand. (NZX and ASX)SP was pushed down to $8.92NZD
    2nd day: 26 mil shares was changed hand. (NZX and ASX)SP was pushed up to$10.47NZD to $10.65NZD on ASX
    3rd day: 16 mil shares was changed hand. (NZX and ASX)SP was steady $10.05
    It calmed yesterday : just under 5 mil shares changed hand.(NZX and ASX) $10-10.05
    Currently the SP is very steady or very strong supported.

The panic is calmed , I believe most of the panickers are now realised that is it and stop selling and hold.
    Also taken into account that shorters are also recovering at this price, meaning it is a very good price for this ATM stock at this moment.

Any positive news will lift off this darling ATM rocket!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    .......... typically it would need some big fat good news event to change such an established down trend.....
    I don't think we are going to see any major movements from here until there is clarity around whether ATM can restore growth into China and I doubt we are going to get much insight into that for several months at the soonest. Contrary to MrB, I think this is a very interesting company and I don't think the story is fully told yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I don't think we are going to see any major movements from here until there is clarity around whether ATM can restore growth into China and I doubt we are going to get much insight into that for several months at the soonest. Contrary to MrB, I think this is a very interesting company and I don't think the story is fully told yet.
    Once uptrend is confirmed , you will have to buy this stock at the next uptrend prices.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Once uptrend is confirmed , you will have to buy this stock at the next uptrend prices.
    Yes, that's exactly how managing risk works. Otherwise you're just punting on a falling knife.

[QUOTE=davflaws;875799]Balance is an extremely experienced and incredibly knowledgeable investor. But like all of us, he has his blind spots. One of them is his deep and visceral hatred for anything to the left of his own right wing political stance.

And I guess your political stance is the correct one as you are more intelligent? I prefer different points of views. What I do if I don't like the post is just ignore it or comment back like I just did. If everyone who is offended how forum members post then maybe find the safe space forums where everyone agrees with you. As for ATM, I get told from Chinese friends about their view on brands. Most say the people still dont trust Chinese milk powder but as for non food products they go with the price.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-market-share/

Interesting movements in IF market shares in China.

Another down day below $10 in NZ but well below support point of A$9.50 on ASX.

Not much support below A$9.00 if the stock does not hold above $9.00 - next real support point being A$7.50.

That's what the charts are saying?