sharetrader
Page 100 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 5090969798991001011021031041101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 23755
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPooper View Post
    Any news would be nice at the moment. Going from 5% on my portfolio to -4% thanks to my large ATM holding on average 82 cent buy, brings a tear to my eye right now.

Keeping the faith for now.
    Unless you need the money urgently I wouldn't be too concerned.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Unless you need the money urgently I wouldn't be too concerned.
    I'm not sure why people even worry about a small deviation of -4% its just run of the mill stuff really, mines -24% so just a tad more but still no reason to call in the milkman if your long

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm not sure why people even worry about a small deviation of -4% its just run of the mill stuff really, mines -24% so just a tad more but still no reason to call in the milkman if your long
    I can only talk for myself but i only buy uptrending stocks, and if i buy in and it drops 4% then i have got it wrong and id rather sell out and buy back in when the trend changes. Its a simple stop loss that has saved me thousands, in my short investing time of a year.
    I know it goes against what most people say but i find it works for me.
    If it was still a bull market id do it differently but in this market environment i feel that tight stoplosses are the best. I have never regretted selling out at a small loss.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfish View Post
    I can only talk for myself but i only buy uptrending stocks, and if i buy in and it drops 4% then i have got it wrong and id rather sell out and buy back in when the trend changes. Its a simple stop loss that has saved me thousands, in my short investing time of a year.
    I know it goes against what most people say but i find it works for me.
    If it was still a bull market id do it differently but in this market environment i feel that tight stoplosses are the best. I have never regretted selling out at a small loss.
    Kinda of in the same boat. I usually don't hold stocks I'm making a loss on got rid of mighty river power far to late and lost on it.
    I've always ended up making the right calls when trading Xero, Telecom and SLI so was disappointing to to see ATM go into the red.
    I think my issue was I saw ATM in the uptrend and brought to try make a quick profit then after buying decided it would be better with my RYM and SUM in my long term holdings.

Right now I'm debating whether to average down ATM, get more RYM/SUM or go AOG on the ASX.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPooper View Post
    Right now I'm debating whether to average down ATM, get more RYM/SUM or go AOG on the ASX.
    Why average down now? It's in a slight downtrend. The same may happen. Why not wait until it's trending back up and then average down as it's going up.

Unless you really believe in the company as a long term prospect in which case buy as many as you can, a few cents won't matter...
    Last edited by nextbigthing; 26-06-2014 at 12:17 PM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Default Help required

As part of my on going research into any stock I like to talk to people who dislike the stock to get an idea of why and to see if they noticed something I've missed.

So is there anybody out there who thinks ATM isn't a great long term investment and why? What do you see as the big risks to ATM?

Snoopy I know you have previously said it's well overpriced given the current earnings (PE). However I would argue if you look at how well they've done in Australia, how much profit they could be posting and the size of the market left to penetrate (amongst other factors) then a high PE based on current earnings is justifiable.

Thanks in advance. NBT

The ATM chart had a DEATH CROSS on it the other day (50ma / 200ma), usually not a good sign and price action since supports this view.

Just thought you punters might be interested

But some punters think death crosses are BULLISH so no worries

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    Decent volume of 11+million shares traded today without depressing the price {any further}. Maybe the bottom is in or Milford are still buying.
    That day seems to have been the catalyst for the shareprice to head to the 60's

Does that mean somebody still selling?

C'mon Milford ...punters want you to take the price back to the 80's at least

Don't know that there is much wrong with the science as such Black Knat , my understanding was that there were just a lot more drinking it than needed to ? But whatever rocks their boat..

IMO

http://keithwoodford.wordpress.com/c...1-and-a2-milk/

Read this black knat it changed my view(thanks snapiti)