sharetrader
    Banned

Marketing and Overhead costs will be higher in FY19, EBITDA to sales ratio broadly consistent with FY18, hopefully the market doesn't focus on these points aye.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ^^^^ Tough crowd to please. I think it was a very solid result and NPAT is higher than average analyst forecasts. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...526/284975.pdf
    Happy with that.
    I agree with what you say. However very vague with future growth...... I guess the management never get too enthusiastic

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    ‘The Company anticipates further growth in revenue particularly in respect of nutritional products in ANZ and China, and liquid milk in the United States. The focus on growth initiatives in targeted emerging markets and new product development will continue.’

Anticipates growth

IS THAT ALL WE GET.?
    Suppose that’s under promising and over delivering
    Last edited by winner69; 22-08-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I don't see what the issue is. Marketing and overhead are going up in line with sales so the EBITDA ratio stays about the same and that's a problem because ?????????
    That's how companies grow, it doesn't happen by accident.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

i think its the right strategy spend lots more on marketing , dont worry about profits short term.

i see some of this years profit was from currency movements so did they actually best estimates? looks like a miss to me
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I don't see what the issue is. Marketing and overhead are going up in line with sales so the EBITDA ratio stays about the same and that's a problem because ?????????
    That's how companies grow, it doesn't happen by accident.
    No problem unless your a Schizo market which this one is, not enough flashing lights to medicate the sufferers in this report.Lol.

Guru

I'll digest this over a flat white later in the day, but on the face of it seems a solid result. Good margins, growth continues - just no mention of the D word.....which they certainly could afford.

I'm comfortable with the increased investment in marketing - however always a difficult one, as never easy to quantify spend and effectiveness and if the marketing department are allowed, then they will use every colouring in pencil at their disposal. Brand is key to A2 and have to become the Coke of the sector.
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 22-08-2018 at 09:13 AM.

I like the flashing lights, even if they were already known. Doubling of NPAT, revenue growth in China, 163%... Synlait building new dairy plant to keep up with demand, EBIT margin to be consistent.

Some other good comments in the report about competition, awareness of A1 free milk and their unique offering. If the market grows, so will they. Looks good.

No divvy I guess we will continue to be on the rollercoaster for at least another half year ...

Thank god theres no divvy. When a high growth company decides one day it doesnt know what to do with its free cash thats when it becomes a POS! Topping up today