sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    When was this photo taken? Milk goes off in a few days if just taken today...
    I generally see that in Napier’s Pak n Saves Anchor milk and A2 Anchor milk are best before similar dates. I have also noted they don’t control their stock dates as well as I do for both milks

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    I've been well and truly thrashed by the Milkugly Stick this month. What with holding ATM and SML. Only thing healing the wounds is a decent run on other shares. Portfolio overall down with Sept wiping out August gains
    A bad month for ATM this month but it is still up by over 7% over your two month Aug-Sept period (and SML finished the 2 month period about even.) So the milkugly stick was not as ugly as some other holdings over the period?

My FPH holding performed worse than my ATM over that period.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-10-2018 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    A bad month for ATM this month but it is still up by over 7% over your two month Aug-Sept period (and SML finished the 2 month period about even.) So the milkugly stick was not as ugly as some other holdings over the period?

My FPH holding performed worse than my ATM over that period.
    Milky White is a delicious thing with creamy scrumptiousness rising to the top. So thats my expectation - SP gently rising even when some bugger shakes the bottle. I'm hoping there's no long term exposure to the Milkugly Stick as it may just cause this thing to curdle. Gently shaken, not whipped is the secret!

not looking like a good start to week for the asx at the moment

NZ officials keep a watching brief on China e-commerce rules

maybe a warning sign for a2

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12133682
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    not looking like a good start to week for the asx at the moment

NZ officials keep a watching brief on China e-commerce rules

maybe a warning sign for a2

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12133682

Different ways you can look at this. Comvita and Synlait executives don't seem concerned and believe it could be benificial and Jayne is a recidivist trougher so nothing can be reliably implied from her recent misdemeanors. Is the glass half full, half empty or simply half a glass ? It all depends upon your perspective and guess what ? confirmation bias is a very powerful subliminal force that very easily shapes ones perspective. Keeping an open mind is much much harder than anyone really wants to acknowledge.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-10-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Australia markets will be opening at 1pm NZ time as their DST doesn't start till next Sunday

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Different ways you can look at this. Comvita and Synlait executives don't seem concerned and believe it could be benificial and Jayne is a recidivist trougher so nothing can be reliably implied from her recent misdemeanors. Is the glass half full, half empty or simply half a glass ? It all depends upon your perspective and guess what ? confirmation bias is a very powerful subliminal force that very easily shapes ones perspective. Keeping an open mind is much much harder than anyone really wants to acknowledge.
    Here's another viewpoint for those with open minds from 'Tough Day' over in the Hot Copper thread FYI.

"I’m not happy with the CEO or Directors selling shares either but
    I’m sure nothing sinister with the shares being sold or her CEO business career is finished!!
    Let alone possible class actions against the company for insider trading etc.., there is no way Peter Nathan or the rest of the BOD would allow that to happen otherwise it would be career suicide for themselves as well
    The whole BOD are all on a winning Tatts ticket (as JH said ) and there is no way they will risk it for anyone or anything!!
    The BOD wanted JH and she had her terms and conditions to be the new CEO!

JH has her families financial reasons for selling the shares, the BOD knew what was going to happen once the shares were sold and they accepted this knowing long term JH is the right person to lead the company forward!!

More importantly a2 IF according to my sources and research is that supply is increasing strategically but demand is quadrupling $$
    Empty shelves are proving this and Synlait is running 3 shifts a day to be operational 24 hours a day, they bought a new plant which was being built at the time and is now operating and they are building a new plant
    Remembering we own 17% + of Synlait so we’re winning there too
    A few years ago a2m revenue was in 2015 $155m now reports are saying 2019 could be $1.3B + with forecasts of compounding growth at 20% next 10 years
    I think we’re going pretty good if your expecting better your not being realistic or just a shorter playing Russian roulette .....

....We all have a winning ticket just be a long term holder and you will win"

(Disc holding)

After looking ar Mr Beagles comments regarding the glass half full etc, it got me thinking of the old cadbury's glass and a half advertising.Wonder what A2 chocolate would be like.Perhaps the hound could sniff out the pipeline and see if there are any plans for some choccy treats!

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Wonder what A2 chocolate would be like.
    Do people who cant drink (A1) milk also avoid chocolate for a similar reason.
    Lol - I reckon not so many

and anyway its all in the infant formula.....
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    After looking ar Mr Beagles comments regarding the glass half full etc, it got me thinking of the old cadbury's glass and a half advertising.Wonder what A2 chocolate would be like.Perhaps the hound could sniff out the pipeline and see if there are any plans for some choccy treats!
    Hi steveb, I asked Geoff B that question a couple of years ago at the AGM. But cannot remember the exact answer. I think they may have been content pushing the inf. form. where the money is... China,Aussi etc.(Forest was there that day, he might remember). But down the track maybe choc. milk. I believe would sell like hot cakes. So we can sell healthy a2 to the a2 drinkers, and choc. a2 to the rest who don't normally drink a2 but like drinking chocolate whether a1 or a2. Win win with a grin.
    Last edited by see weed; 01-10-2018 at 03:56 PM.