sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Short sellers borrow shares from the prime brokerage arms of investment banks like UBS to sell on market
    You mean UBS increased the holding to be able to lend them to shorters? if that is the case, any buying notice can be understood in that way?

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    You mean UBS increased the holding to be able to lend them to shorters? if that is the case, any buying notice can be understood in that way?
    no because not every fund can lend there stock , need to learn which ones do this
    one step ahead of the herd

now below aussie close ouch!

I think we need to start looking beyond the licker incident and ask will the change in Chinese ecommerce regulations significantly impact or possibly even shut off the daigou trade ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    no because not every fund can lend there stock , need to learn which ones do this
    OK, I see you knew from experience UBS is playing this game. well, they will have huge support from shorter and retailers this time. good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think we need to start looking beyond the licker incident and ask will the change in Chinese ecommerce regulations significantly impact or possibly even shut off the daigou trade ?
    Daigou is grey area business, they have their way to overcome this kind of problems for sure as long as there is a demand.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Question to Jayn Hrdlicker. How is your new deck looking?
    The deck better be pretty ******* swish!

Incidentally, spent last night staining my deck, with more over the weekend. If I'd sold my free A2 shares for a couple of mil, I might have even got someone to stain it for me!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Just Bull's usual negative spin.......?? Some would see this news as a positive. Maybe they even purchased Couta's parcel!
    Perhaps they did, I've cooled off a bit so are holding my remaining shares for now(Makes up about 10% of my portfolio now) It's quite sad that such a fantastic company like this has been undermined by its own CEO.PS-I must be progressing through the grief cycle moving from anger to sadness.

percy

Sense at last.!

I think this has a lot to do with it. The announcement released earlier was in support of the change though and 'welcomed it'. If this is going to have a material affect on sales then the CEO is very brave (or stupid) to make an announcement welcoming the regulatory changes and then sell of every single share under her name. I'm sure a lawsuit will follow if this is how things play out.