sharetrader
    Guru

Small rise ATM on an over sold situation , shorts could be scampering for cover once Aussie opens , hmmmmm !

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    I think this has a lot to do with it. The announcement released earlier was in support of the change though and 'welcomed it'. If this is going to have a material affect on sales then the CEO is very brave (or stupid) to make an announcement welcoming the regulatory changes and then sell of every single share under her name. I'm sure a lawsuit will follow if this is how things play out.
    She certainly hasn't walked the talk. Welcomed these new regulations with open arms (without even knowing the specific details and / or getting an English translation of same) so the talk looked like "contrived bravado" at the time. We all know that actions speak louder than words !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Great buying currently I'm still a happy holder ... happy to join the lynch mob to get a decent CEO though

I never managed to get out when I planned - Had a sell order in for $12.94 a few weeks ago, ticked up to $12.91 then the arse fell out of it...

Still holding my entire parcel (with an average buy price of $1.70) so not the end of the world. Going to continue to hold until I absolutely have to sell, or am happy with the price again. I do have a $100k invoice for building materials sitting in front of me but better to borrow money to pay it than realise a $25k hit to my paper profit and sell now.

Can't say I'm a happy holder, but a holder nonetheless.
    Last edited by Dorkus; 05-10-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus View Post
    I never managed to get out when I planned - Had a sell order in for $12.94 a few of weeks ago, ticked up to $12.91 then the arse fell out of it...

Still holding my entire parcel (with an average buy price of $1.70) so not the end of the world. Going to continue to hold until I absolutely have to sell, or am happy with the price again. I do have a $100k invoice for building materials sitting in front of me but better to borrow money to pay it than realise a $25k hit to my paper profit and sell now.

Always a bit more stressful if you are 'leveraged'. But at least you have made some good 'unrealised' gains.

In the meantime, the lower NZ dollar works in ATM's favour. Interesting times, but more stressful for some.

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    Great buying currently I'm still a happy holder ... happy to join the lynch mob to get a decent CEO though
    This is not okay. You may be angry but that does not mean it is okay to talk about a lynch mob. Words do matter. For me it crosses the line into hate speech and inciting violence. As I have said previously I believe that part of the reason for the outrage expressed on this thread is because she is a woman. There would be more tolerance and acceptance if a man had done the same thing. We have the right to free speech but with that right comes responsibility. You can disagree but not intentionally insult. Would you say that to her face?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=11838436
    Political Roundup: Freedom of speech vs PC culture
    Marvelly's general argument is: "words matter. Words can combine, twist, percolate, compound and eventually incite violence or discrimination", and she is critical of "persuasive and malignant actors who use ugly rhetoric to whip fearful people into a frenzy for their own means."

Quote Originally Posted by Dorkus View Post
    I never managed to get out when I planned - Had a sell order in for $12.94 a few of weeks ago, ticked up to $12.91 then the arse fell out of it...

LOL, I think your post (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) maybe a nice example of a humblebrag

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=Di...obs=humblebrag

"an ostensibly modest or self-deprecating statement whose actual purpose is to draw attention to something of which one is proud."

um, a $1.70 buy in price? Yeah, "not the end of the world" indeed.

PS although in fairness, it always seems more painful when a stock price falls. We get used to stocks going up and think "meh" but when they drop just a little bit, it feels very raw. I've felt this many times. Nonetheless well done to you.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 05-10-2018 at 12:49 PM.

Banned

I'm not sure how anyone could even consider an average buy price of $1.70 as anything other than pure joy,at that price I wouldn't give a toss if the SP dropped another few dollars yet.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    As I have said previously I believe that part of the reason for the outrage expressed on this thread is because she is a woman.
    A well constructed sentence. You are quite entitled to your (misplaced) beliefs but to add some validity you really ought to present some evidence - of which there is none.

People are brassed off because a newly appointed CEO ditched 100% of shares. End of story.

That you want to weave it into the "diversity" mobs group think is a shame. This is obviously not a gender issue - some of us think any CEO is entitled to build a new deck.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    A well constructed sentence. You are quite entitled to your (misplaced) beliefs but to add some validity you really ought to present some evidence - of which there is none.

People are brassed off because a newly appointed CEO ditched 100% of shares. End of story.

That you want to weave it into the "diversity" mobs group think is a shame. This is obviously not a gender issue - some of us think any CEO is entitled to build a new deck.
    Yep it's all about her actions not her gender.