sharetrader

Found this article. Not a good news for atm I guess. DSC: used to hold some.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...customs-checks

Please read the article through to the ends. Cosmetics are not luxury item but still chinese govt charge tax on them on entry.

"Chinese shoppers have taken to social media to decry the customs crackdown. One photo circulating on WeChat showed a tax receipt issued by customs at Shanghai Pudong Airport on Sept. 28 to a traveler surnamed Wang in which the shopper was slapped with 17,100 yuan in import taxes on Tom Ford lipsticks, SK-II skincare products and other goods from La Mer and Sulwhasoo."

They are short of money due to trade war and try to block outflow of money. One should understand that china is NOT free market system. Govt controls everthing and If the they decide to do something , then they just go for it regardless of anything.
    Just saying that you can not understand china with western thoughts.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuaman View Post
    Found this article. Not a good news for atm I guess. DSC: used to hold some.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...customs-checks

Please read the article through to the ends. Cosmetics are not luxury item but still chinese govt charge tax on them on entry.

"Chinese shoppers have taken to social media to decry the customs crackdown. One photo circulating on WeChat showed a tax receipt issued by customs at Shanghai Pudong Airport on Sept. 28 to a traveler surnamed Wang in which the shopper was slapped with 17,100 yuan in import taxes on Tom Ford lipsticks, SK-II skincare products and other goods from La Mer and Sulwhasoo."

They are short of money due to trade war and try to block outflow of money. One should understand that china is NOT free market system. Govt controls everthing and If the they decide to do something , then they just go for it regardless of anything.
    Just saying that you can not understand china with western thoughts.
    One thing I am happy about is that A2 is supplied by Synlait for the Chinese market. One of the major shareholders of Synlait is Chinese and they will have some idea how to make it work to benefit everyone. I see longterm up trend, but short term fluctuations. As long as profits keep increasing I will keep holding, but the sale of all of Janes shares concerns me a little as it does when any CEO sells all their shares. I have balanced a little to make sure I am not too exposed to A2. One needs to think with their head and not with their heart.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm well seasoned in selling for a loss from time to time, don't have a lot of emotion about it, however this situation was unprecedented in that a CEO sold ALL her shares after being in the job for a couple of months. She is a Trougher of the highest order with a history of the same so yes people are going to get upset, anger and frustration are completely normal responses and have nothing to do with whether one should get out of the game or not.
    So what I am hearing is that there is more pain than usual from these losses i.e. unprecedented, “walk a few miles with gravel in their shoes and feel some of the shareholder’s pain.” Why is it so painful? I think there is more to it than just the financial loss. I believe it is painful and hurtful because of unconscious biases regarding gender identity and gender roles. Unconscious biases are learned stereotypes that are automatic, unintentional, deeply engrained, universal, and able to influence behaviour. Unconscious bias refers to a bias that we are unaware of and which happens outside of our control. It is a bias that happens automatically and is triggered by our brain making quick judgements and assessments of people and situations, influenced by our background, cultural environment and personal experiences.

Beliefs about strict gender roles can trigger a feeling of insecurity because things are out of control, things are not how they should be. Men should be in control. Men should be the boss. Men were born to rule. This is what it means to be a real man. Many men are uncomfortable with a woman being in control, being the boss. It threatens the whole idea of what it means to be a man. If a woman is strong it means they are weak, that they are victims. This happens when people have a win/lose mindset rather than a win/win equality mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    So what I am hearing is that there is more pain than usual from these losses i.e. unprecedented, “walk a few miles with gravel in their shoes and feel some of the shareholder’s pain.” Why is it so painful? I think there is more to it than just the financial loss. I believe it is painful and hurtful because of unconscious biases regarding gender identity and gender roles. Unconscious biases are learned stereotypes that are automatic, unintentional, deeply engrained, universal, and able to influence behaviour. Unconscious bias refers to a bias that we are unaware of and which happens outside of our control. It is a bias that happens automatically and is triggered by our brain making quick judgements and assessments of people and situations, influenced by our background, cultural environment and personal experiences.

Beliefs about strict gender roles can trigger a feeling of insecurity because things are out of control, things are not how they should be. Men should be in control. Men should be the boss. Men were born to rule. This is what it means to be a real man. Many men are uncomfortable with a woman being in control, being the boss. It threatens the whole idea of what it means to be a man. If a woman is strong it means they are weak, that they are victims. This happens when people have a win/lose mindset rather than a win/win equality mindset.
    Good read .....
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post

When I look at the charts all I seeing is human emotions. Those numbers represented sellers and buyers doing what they think is right for them. No one is comfortable loosing money either on paper or real loss. I don't believe this has got to do with the CEO is a woman or a man i.e would people be less angry if the CEO was a man and sold all of his shares after a couple of months and the SP went down ever since. I think the feed backs on here would be pretty much the same.

content removed by STMOD.

Banned

Will be interesting to watch the SP action this week, has the Trough effect started to wear off? or will other uncertainties keep the price bouncing around like a rubber ball? I've given my middle finger to the CEO and her actions but continue to hold some because I reckon the company is bigger than her at the end of the day.

Outside thinking.

Content deleted by STMOD

Copy and paste of most of an article is breach of copyright
    Last edited by STMOD; 07-10-2018 at 09:07 PM. Reason: yet another copy & paste

Content deleted by STMOD

Copy and paste of an entire article is breach of copyright
    Last edited by STMOD; 07-10-2018 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Yet another copy & Paste

The shares are "interestingly" poised very near the bottom of the recent trading range but a weak Wall St on Friday won't help. Worth Noting that the Bell Potter analyst went on to say that their preferred exposure was Synlait and their price target was $12.65.
    I am a firm believer that actions speak louder than words so would simply highlight this "In total, 16 directors and executives sold about 3 million shares" This isn't happening at Synlait is it. Disc: Sold all ATM, topped up Synlait on Firday.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine