sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    "Both A2 and Synlait are speculative stocks with prices that rose by $10 over the past two years before the recent retreat."

Interesting perspective?

Snakk and Plexxxure are speculative in my books but hi, who am I to argue with a journo if he writes athat companies which have real operations making hundreds of millions of dollars of sales and profits are speculative!
    I thought the exact same thing. How long will they remain speculative......... when they make half a billion dollars in profits?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I thought the exact same thing. How long will they remain speculative......... when they make half a billion dollars in profits?
    When they become like Fonterra if you read the article - fat, lazy and going downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Imo when growth rates down to the teens or single digit numbers and the p/e comes back down. And you are correct that this could be when they have grown to have a half billion profit and market cap a bit over $10b. The p/e would then be slightly over 20.

Till then there is a lot of speculation in the share price that rapid growth will be achieved. Probably well justified speculation, but still speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Imo when growth rates down to the teens or single digit numbers and the p/e comes back down. And you are correct that this could be when they have grown to have a half billion profit and market cap a bit over $10b. The p/e would then be slightly over 20.

Till then there is a lot of speculation in the share price that rapid growth will be achieved. Probably well justified speculation, but still speculation.
    Over thinking it. The author probably just equates a high p/e and the recent emergence of good profits as being speculative.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Scrunch View Post
    Over thinking it. The author probably just equates a high p/e and the recent emergence of good profits as being speculative.
    And low asset backing.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    "Both A2 and Synlait are speculative stocks with prices that rose by $10 over the past two years before the recent retreat."

Interesting perspective?

Snakk and Plexxxure are speculative in my books but hi, who am I to argue with a journo if he writes athat companies which have real operations making hundreds of millions of dollars of sales and profits are speculative!
    Good example of very poor journalism.....

Veteran novice

A good stock can be speculative at a particular price.

Aussie are paying a 20c NZ premium at the mo the sp is $10.52 over there,is this a good guide to the price going up over here?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Aussie are paying a 20c NZ premium at the mo the sp is $10.52 over there,is this a good guide to the price going up over here?
    They are not paying a premium, SP is tracking currency conversion or close to it eg $9.58AU equals $10.34 NZ
    Last edited by couta1; 23-10-2018 at 04:00 PM.

https://www.9news.com.au/2018/10/23/...instate-limits

And still they keep on buying!

"A2 has also doubled production of its premium formula, but that's not enough to meet supply."