sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    There was one a time when employees were given stock in a company to ensure their interests where aligned with the outcome of the business. Now some folk just want to ditch stock to get cash asap, rock up late to the party (after the hard work was done) and demand a pay rise.

Someone is trying to milk this thing. If i were a shareholder, I'd be pushing for a vote to get rid of the cow.
    Herd Licker has done a great disservice to loyal shareholders and destroyed shareholder value solely for her own benefit, a terrible example from someone who is yet to add any measurable value to the company.
    Last edited by couta1; 20-11-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    She's selling shares in August 2019- how does she know what her tax obligations are already. Isn't she on some sort of pay tax as you earn now?
    There's lots of possible reasons other than PAYE tax obligations, but to forecast the CEO's intent to cash in her performance incentives for whatever reason so far in advance is just incredibly naieve, imo. She has shafted an otherwise good company result and this behaviour is vindicated by the Board and Chair! Good grief. I agree with the Beagle, the "optics" on this are really bad. They've screwed-up again, digging an even deeper hole that will dog them until at least the next performance announcement.

Have they no idea, this is basic stuff - a CEO or other insiders forecasting their cash-outs will always rock investor confidence. Without that confidence they have to outperform every quarter, right when growth performance would otherwise be acceptably declining as growth off a high base settles into a sustainable pattern.

I'm still invested but I am worried about how they will mitigate this appalling gaff. They seem to have no idea how to manage investor sentiment.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by greater fool View Post
    So. Which is worse: that you have a heads-up of the intention to cash at first opportunity, OR, to find out August 2019 after the event?

Disc: No financial interest, not holding, never have.
    It's a moot point, the disclosure has been made. We shareholders need to figure out how or whether we act on it, imho.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    There's lots of possible reasons other than PAYE tax obligations, but to forecast the CEO's intent to cash in her performance incentives for whatever reason so far in advance is just incredibly naieve, imo. She has shafted an otherwise good company result and this behaviour is vindicated by the Board and Chair! Good grief. I agree with the Beagle, the "optics" on this are really bad. They've screwed-up again, digging an even deeper hole that will dog them until at least the next performance announcement.

Have they no idea, this is basic stuff - a CEO or other insiders forecasting their cash-outs will always rock investor confidence. Without that confidence they have to outperform every quarter, right when growth performance would otherwise be acceptably declining as growth off a high base settles into a sustainable pattern.

I'm still invested but I am worried about how they will mitigate this appalling gaff. They seem to have no idea how to manage investor sentiment.
    I voted no for everything yesterday. I still think Beagle should be CEO. But we got what we got, then on the other hand we know what to expect. What is lickers next payout...$2 or $3m?, and what was their profit again? Was it $200m or so? How much did they say they had in the bank $300m or so, correct me if i'm wrong. I don't agree with what the Licker has done, but $3m is not a drop in the bucket, probably more like a half a small cup in the bucket. I can live with a half cup, whether she deserves it or not is another story.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    No matter what story Herdlicker comes up with the optics on this look really, really bad and it's not a good look for the board either.
    It's actually more of a bad reflection on the board than on Herdy. I mean those shares are hers and if she wants to sell them that is her choice. It is the board that issued these shares to her without any escrow so responsibility rests fully with the board. I think you have a board that has lost focus there. I would be looking for a refresh if this type of remuneration keeps being granted.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Herd Licker has done a great disservice to loyal shareholders and destroyed shareholder value solely for her own benefit, a terrible example from someone who is yet to add any measurable value to the company.
    In total agreement with you Coutal, a lot of crap regarding her tax obligation's, surely she must have some understanding of the tax system, even in Aust. they have PAYE.

Guru

I am a bit disappointed in the final voting results. While accepting that they would all be passed I thought the against votes would be higher with the board members resolutions. The results don't reflect the dissatisfaction of shareholders in the company evident here and supported by reports in the media by various commentators. They won't learn anything from them, sadly.

hammer time today hopefully
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hammer time today hopefully
    You and see_weed probably hoping for a FBU hammer?
    Let us all know your exit/entry points and how much money you make when it reverts back to normal swing trading volatility so we can join in the riches.

Guru

Interesting article - US farmers doing the same as Fonterra in complaining about the A2 story and false advertising.
    http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/c...cer-group.html