sharetrader
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by bonne vie View Post
    Lots of discussion still going on re CEO shares sale - can I bring this back to basics re the shares she sold and going to sell. This is the way I see it.
    1) Shares sold to date (80%) and the second tranche (20%) to be sold are those to reimburse for loss of Qantas shares
    2) Board has accepted that in hindsight - cash may have been a better option
    3)Shares are being sold to meet financial commitments made prior to ATM appointment
    4) Indication given that ongoing performance shares will be accumulated
    If/when performance shares are sold - then the discussions to date are more relevant. IMHO
    Well put, the second tranche of sales when they happen next year would worth around $2m for her based on current price. Not even a pinch for a $7bln company.

People are reading too much into this and getting hung up. As someone pointed out which is lesser of evil, being open now about her intention to sell or knowing after she sold thro' a notice.

As I said before its not great look, but its not her fault blame the BOARD.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Looks a bit oversold this morning. Wouldn't be surprised if it went back to $10.30 to $10.40 when ASX opens.
    HaHa it can get a lot more oversold than this as you know, hard to predict movements although I got it right yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Well put, the second tranche of sales when they happen next year would worth around $2m for her based on current price. .
    Purely academic I know, But how does a private person end up with a remaining $2m tax liability after paying 80% already of said liability. I'm presuming her ATM salary is greater than her quantas one. and at ATM she is getting paid $1.5m a year. Giving a tax liability of say $500,000 a year. - most of which will be deducted at source.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by minimoke View Post
    Purely academic I know, But how does a private person end up with a remaining $2m tax liability after paying 80% already of said liability. I'm presuming her ATM salary is greater than her quantas one. and at ATM she is getting paid $1.5m a year. Giving a tax liability of say $500,000 a year. - most of which will be deducted at source.
    IIRC, during the AGM question time she mentioned about some sort of investment commitment as well when asked.

That's easy to answer.
    She's a liar.

IIRC, during the AGM question time she mentioned about some sort of investment commitment as well when asked.
    Correct, I got the impression that the money was predominantly to settle an investment decision she had made in 2016, i.e. she'd already committed the bonus shares quantas has promised, A2 matched most of her expected payout, she sold to pay off existing investment commitments. Obviously I don't know the details of the investment.

Presumably then an investment that will give her a greater return on capital than shares in ATM -.

Banned

Presumably then an investment that will give her a greater return on capital than shares in ATM -.
    Like a month in the Caribbean.

Guru

Presumably.
    She knows what her investments are and we don't.
    Could be that she has some investments that are partly paid and she knows when she has to pay the rest.
    I have some that are partly paid and I don't know when the call will be - tricky sometimes to find $30-40k in a week or 2 when called but you invest eyes open.

Outside thinking.

Trying to move on from the CEO knocking..... here's what the NZ Herald says about the results.