sharetrader
Page 125 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 25751151211221231241251261271281291351752256251125 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 23755

Lactose free milk such as anchors lacto free use lactase to convert the lactose to glucose and galactose making the milk taste sweet, not to everyone's tastes. As for soy milk there is plenty of information around soy and estrogen so certain health conscious groups like the fitness types avoid it not to mention the stigma of soy being associated with vegetarians.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    True but the average hypercondriac isnt going to worry about the scientific ins and out theyw will just go for the more prevelant lactose free stuff or switch to soy milk
    I use soy myself now, so much easier than cows milk, keeps for ages and there lots of choice so it easy to find one with taaste you like
    Ok, I guess there are two different markets appealing to two different consumers.
    One is the lactose intolerant market, fine, stick to the lactose free stuff, and the other is those who are not lactose intolerant but believe in the benefits of avoiding bcm-7 for an array of other health benefits, or diminishing the odds of attracting diseases associated with it.

I don't think that I have ever read that A2 milk purports to be beneficial for those who are lactose intolerant
    Last edited by Harrie; 07-08-2014 at 10:28 PM.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...305571&ref=rss

Might be a need for milk to be sent over there now, someone should tell A2(but don't tell fonterra)

An extra link with more detail
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...305572&ref=rss
    Last edited by Hawkeye; 07-08-2014 at 11:43 PM. Reason: additional link

He's at it again

Ongoing Disclosure Notice - David William Mair

1:27pm, 8 Aug 2014 | RELINT

Form 2
    Ongoing disclosure notice
    Section 19T(2), Securities Markets Act 1988

A Details of director or officer
    Name of director or officer of public issuer: David William Mair
    Name of public issuer: The a2 Milk Company Limited (ATM)
    Name of related body corporate (if applicable): N/A
    Position held in public issuer: Director

B. Securities in public issuer or any related body corporate to which this disclosure relates
    Number, class, and type of securities: 180,000 fully paid ordinary shares
    C. Nature of relevant interest and name of registered holder
    Nature of relevant interest in those securities: Non-beneficial interest as shareholder of fund manager
    Name of registered holder of those securities: Public Trust Forte Nominees Limited
    D. Details of acquisitions and disposals
    Date of acquisition: 6 August 2014
    Consideration paid for acquisition: $117,000
    Describe the arrangement pursuant to which, or the circumstances in which, the acquisition took place: On-market trade

E. Total number of transactions this notice relates to: One
    F. Date of last disclosure notice (whether in form 1 or form 2) by director or officer: 6 August 2014
    E. Signature
    Signature of director or officer: See Attached.
    Date of signature: See Attached.

Banned

Like Milford also, David Mair is purchasing (albeit on behalf of) just weeks before the FY announcement, they could have waited until after the FY, but purchasing just before must then represent good value to them, and/or perhaps it may also be a little expectant one may think.

My DCF provides $1.09 but will rerun again after the FY.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC View Post
    Like Milford also, David Mair is purchasing (albeit on behalf of) just weeks before the FY announcement, they could have waited until after the FY, but purchasing just before must then represent good value to them, and/or perhaps it may also be a little expectant one may think.

My DCF provides $1.09 but will rerun again after the FY.
    Yes a good sign you would assume he has some inside info and even if buying on behalf of wouldn't encourage purchasing if he didn't think it was worth it. My hunch announcement on US is getting close. We really are lacking alot of info from ATM right now. A nice announcement about uk sales would be nice.

From today's Herald

RISK REDUCTION
    Despite National's strong position in the polls, Lister says investors should "hedge their bets".
    He says Craigs favours companies with solid prospects under the status quo and minimal downside if there is a change of government.
    They include those with low regulatory risk such as Port of Tauranga and Freightways and companies with overseas earnings, such as Fisher & Paykel Healthcare and A2 Milk.

I suppose that they have been pretty consistent with their announcements in that we didn't hear much from them while the price was going up, so can't really criticize them for not making announcements on the way down.
    They need to be pretty careful about what they leave out in the market place when they are working in a fairly volatile and unpredictable market where prices can vary substantially based on perceptions around either bullish or bearish comments made. Best to shut up and let the facts speak for themselves and keep your nose clean.
    Having said that, I would have to agree that with both Milford and Mair buying at this point is a positive sign....picked up a small 20 @0.64 to add to holdings

Banned

Yep, funds buying, directors buying, Chinese regulatory approvals as expected, farm gate milk prices peaked and dropping, several new products in the last year, currency stabilising, full control now over UK marketing, recent media exposure in Australia, a possible M&A or takeover target, a pending US market entry announcement, and a possible rights issue to fund a US market entry.

Seems to be one of those classic wealth transfers from short to long, let’s see what the FY brings, I’m looking for +20% revenue growth. Strategically minimised NPAT, profits sacrificed for growth, per previous three years.

Like others, I guess David Mair knows what he's doing. Don't think I'll keep chasing ATM down any further so just topped up with another 25K and will now await developments.