sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    forget the 'trader' in my name, am not really a trader. just dont have the same feeling as before for this all time high.
    Always good to be cautious when a share reaches a new all time high on no news.

For anyone wanting to buy it may be better to wait for real news from ATM and reassess prospects then. Alternately if/when the SP drops back to the 90 day MA, there is traditionally better buying.

Fortunately, I'm not buying or selling at these levels, merely holding and enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by nzsharetrade View Post
    could you list anything she has done? or achieved ? am all ears up.
    Me too https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...0&vt=0&eim=1,6 Basset used for dramatic effect lol
    I know !...she did bring on board one of her old girlfriends from JetStar !
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-04-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

It's awkward, sometimes, being on the sidelines watching an 85% appreciation in a SP in just over 6 months, especially when it's relentless appreciation. More especially when one doesn't understand a growth story or know how to participate in it. Or maybe just missed it, as we have all done from time to time with various stellar companies. Sometimes they just run away from us and we can't explain why we didn't act on it a lot sooner, or at all.

Some people might be better not to torture themselves wondering why and just get on the train (assuming an ability to pick where to get off again), or wait for the next re-entry, which will come eventually, as it always does. It might be above where we are now though, one never knows precisely.

But be careful, some stocks just run away from you and when the inevitable decline happens and the buy-in of the decade emerges in that stock, we tend to dismiss it with trivia that self justifies our reservations to act. TA eliminates a lot of that stuff, for the disciplined investors, it's easy to say, hard to do.

No point in commentating from the sidelines when it just reinforces others views that one doesn't have the wherewithal to have got on the ride, let alone know when to get off.

Most fascinating to see shorters close out 3m shares at loss of over $1.50 per share in just 2 short weeks.

Ouch!

Feel the BURN!

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    It's awkward, sometimes, being on the sidelines watching an 85% appreciation in a SP in just over 6 months, especially when it's relentless appreciation. More especially when one doesn't understand a growth story or know how to participate in it. Or maybe just missed it, as we have all done from time to time with various stellar companies. Sometimes they just run away from us and we can't explain why we didn't act on it a lot sooner, or at all.

Some people might be better not to torture themselves wondering why and just get on the train (assuming an ability to pick where to get off again), or wait for the next re-entry, which will come eventually, as it always does. It might be above where we are now though, one never knows precisely.

But be careful, some stocks just run away from you and when the inevitable decline happens and the buy-in of the decade emerges in that stock, we tend to dismiss it with trivia that self justifies our reservations to act. TA eliminates a lot of that stuff, for the disciplined investors, it's easy to say, hard to do.

No point in commentating from the sidelines when it just reinforces others views that one doesn't have the wherewithal to have got on the ride, let alone know when to get off.
    Baa Baa.
    Think of shares as buses.You know another will be along in another 15 minutes.You don't have to get on the first one that comes along.
    You miss the ATM bus look out for the next one.AIA,EBOFPH,,FRE,GNE,HGH,MEL,MTF,PPH,,RYM,SCL,S UM,XRO, have all gone past your bus stop.
    Just try to understand yourself.Are you a chartist,a momemtum investor,or you buy on fundamentals or divies.?
    Then just concentrate on your area of expertise.
    I like smaller companies that have strong balance sheets,positive cashflow and look to either be able to pay a divie in the foreseeable future,or can pay increasing divies.The company must do what they say they will do.
    If a bus/company comes past me and I don't understand it,I leave it to others.
    Seems to work just fine.
    Buffett only gets 6 out of 10 right,so we would be fooling ourselves trying to get everyone right.
    Last edited by percy; 23-04-2019 at 09:10 PM.

A lot of buses in Wellington these days are heading to NIS and you can’t get on ....a lot of others are cancelled, like a stock in a trading halt

Not that long ago things we’re liable - you knew if you missed the ATM bus the HGH one would turn up on time
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A lot of buses in Wellington these days are heading to NIS and you can’t get on ....a lot of others are cancelled, like a stock in a trading halt

Not that long ago things we’re liable - you knew if you missed the ATM bus the HGH one would turn up on time
    Don't believe a word I write W69.
    Had my GOLD CARD [thank you Winnie] for over 5 years,and have yet to use it, and get the "free" bus ride.
    They seem to run on time in ChCh..
    Last edited by percy; 23-04-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    At the current price I would rather buy BAL.
    BAL is still waiting for SAMR approval and it is just a endless waiting game. Even though the approval is sorted, the rumour has it that they are currently having a supply issue and there are quite many empty shelves around the Aussie supermarkets. I was once there hoping for a good news but decided to move out when SP recently moved up. Another IF company BUB recently rallied up but I remember that was only because of good news like acquisitions and partnerships. Well, yeah I would probably rather buy BUB, but ATM still looks more promising than BAL for sure to me. As always, I am usually 99% wrong though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    BAL is still waiting for SAMR approval and it is just a endless waiting game. Even though the approval is sorted, the rumour has it that they are currently having a supply issue and there are quite many empty shelves around the Aussie supermarkets. I was once there hoping for a good news but decided to move out when SP recently moved up. Another IF company BUB recently rallied up but I remember that was only because of good news like acquisitions and partnerships. Well, yeah I would probably rather buy BUB, but ATM still looks more promising than BAL for sure to me. As always, I am usually 99% wrong though
    A good jockey always has more than one mount, whilst waiting for this horse to settle down and get a little tired the BAL horse ain't a bad mount to keep one busy whilst patiently waiting for a remount of this stallion. PS-If the BAL horsey does happen to gain SAMR approval whilst I'm mounted I sure will be one ecstatic jockey.
    Last edited by couta1; 24-04-2019 at 04:04 AM.

Investor

Looks like more short covering at open on ASX.