sharetrader
Page 131 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 31811211271281291301311321331341351411812316311131 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 23756

I'm not quite up with you guys on the statistical stuff, but I don't think there's any question that A1 can yield the opioid peptide BCM-7 and A2 cannot, and that BCM7 can be potentially bad for you. One of the issues that has been subject to debate is whether and in what manner BCM-7 can get into the bloodstream and from there to other parts of the body. If it can't, then there might not be a problem with A1 milk.

On this point, Keith Woodford has just posted an article on his blogsite about important new research showing that BCM-7 can indeed cross the gut barrier into the bloodstream, and that the body's immune system tries to react to this. It also shows that in the case of autistic kids, there is a noticeable difference in how the immune system reacts, which would indicate a direct correlation between BCM-7 as measured in urine and the severity of the autism.

To quote a crucial passage from that research paper (which refers to BCM-7 as "CM-7"),

"The present study, for the first time, demonstrated that autistic children have elevated levels of CM-7 immunoreactivity in the urine (Fig. 1), and revealed the positive correlation between the content of urine CM-7 and the severity of ASD (Fig. 2)."

But Woodford says that while this finding is very important in itself, the more important point to emerge from the trial was that it is now definitely shown that BCM7 can enter the bloodstream.

His article can be seen at:

https://nz-mg5.mail.yahoo.com/neo/la...7vk#8934495623

I think it's important to remember that the Curtin University trial is just one of many research projects on A1/A2 being done around the world and they tend to tie in with each other. No one of them should really be analysed to death on its own.

Sorry, my last paragraph seems to have got dropped. I intended to add that the Curtin research explains the anecdotal reports from consumers about how A2 milk is easier to digest, and A1 can create problems even before the BCM-7 peptide gets beyond the digestive tract and into the bloodstream. But research on the much bigger issues such as the correlation between A1 and autism, heart disease, diabetes and SIDS is meanwhile continuing apace and will eventually all link up.

In a way I hope that while ATM is small the research remains fuzzy otherwise the big boys will do a takeover or play real. Dirty. There is enough word of mouth feedback to promote the product. It's marketed asa premium product to those who can afford it a good position in a crowded milk market. People with money like things that are different and offer health benefits. After all how much is spent on natural medicines that often show no positive outcomes in clinical trials. It's all in the perceived benefits. ATM are doing a great job creating this perception.

Keith Woodford has now posted a report on his personal blogsite explaining in (more or less) layman's terms the results from the Curtin University research project comparing human gastrointestinal reactions to A1 and A2 milk.

http://keithwoodford.wordpress.com/2...2-beta-casein/

He also provides a link to the full text of the report as it appeared in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. This includes stacks of statistical material that Snoopy and others may enjoy analysing. It also includes a declaration of conflict of interest, so the Journal's reviewers were well able to take that into account.

Advanced Member

La la la la Where have all the buyers gone...Long time pa..assing.

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Not enough interest and volume to break 68-70 resistance. Traders may bail...
    I got sucked in at 0.67 after two days of getting no bites at 0.66. It was quite a sight seeing the buyer/seller ratio completely reverse at the end of trading yesterday.

Here's hoping I don't take a bath!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Not enough interest and volume to break 68-70 resistance. Traders may bail...
    Thats good. Where to now the traders have gone? Up up an away in my.....

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    I got sucked in at 0.67 after two days of getting no bites at 0.66. It was quite a sight seeing the buyer/seller ratio completely reverse at the end of trading yesterday.

Here's hoping I don't take a bath!
    I got sucked in at .69c, .66c, .65,.64,and .63c. Would'nt mind getting some at .60c, .61, .62,.67 and .68c, then would have all the 60's covered. But then i'm just a big sucker of a2 Milk, and will keep on sucking right up till the results announcement on the week commenceing 25/8/14. I have to go now for my daily sucken bath with David, Milford and NZ Super.

Banned

What do you think moosie, the SP after results announcement. I mean in terms of TA.

Banned

Thanks mate.