sharetrader

This run is scary about to break $18. If party if I didn’t have a nosebleed coming on!

Advanced Member

One more cent you can do it!!!!!!!!!

And here we are $18 geez what a run. Kind of hope it doesn’t over exhaust itself before results!

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    And largely untaxed....does that seem right ?
    It comes down to frequency of trading and the intention at the point of purchase. Best practice is to have two accounts one trading and one investment and good clean record of trades. That is what I have now. One I probably sell once a year if at all and the other account where I having a ball with.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    And here we are $18 geez what a run. Kind of hope it doesn’t over exhaust itself before results!
    If anything its shorters who will be exhausted not the Company. The recent increase in price is mostly due to shorts covering their position in a hurry before the results are due out next month.

A similar pattern would see sp cruise past $20 in the short term (not trying to ramp up) and when results are out there will be concerted effort from shorts again to push it down depending numbers and outlook.

Was at midpoint of my top valuation, sold out at $17.99.

Advanced Member

And largely untaxed....does that seem right ?
    Yes, it does seem right. You only pay tax if you sell as a trader and make a profit. If you keep long term, then it is like property. If I buy and sell property short term, then I pay tax on it, if it is long term, then no tax. 50% of my portfolio is long term. All my tax and provisional is paid up for this year, but will work on getting some back as a refund next time round.
    Last edited by see weed; 31-07-2019 at 12:01 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by longy View Post
    It comes down to frequency of trading and the intention at the point of purchase. Best practice is to have two accounts one trading and one investment and good clean record of trades. That is what I have now. One I probably sell once a year if at all and the other account where I having a ball with.
    I've been trying not to respond as my rhetorical question is one about our tax system, our current government and the missed opportunity (IMO) to make our tax system fairer, not about ATM. On a personal basis I'm pleased they passed on this issue.

Well done all holders....I missed this completely...other than via Synlait which I no longer hold.
    I am quite envious.

I've been trying not to respond as my rhetorical question is one about our tax system, our current government and the missed opportunity (IMO) to make our tax system fairer, not about ATM. On a personal basis I'm pleased they passed on this issue.

Well done all holders....I missed this completely...other than via Synlait which I no longer hold.
    I am quite envious.
    Hopefully we won't have another in depth convo on Tax here. I felt kinda bad since the last time I brought it up on this thread...

RTM... I ask an friend of mine why he loves playing golf, his reply was it helps him to deal with disappointments in life... Then I said to him playing the share market is giving me that skills too.

Being disappointed is just part of this game I think. BTW "The next outstanding stock is just around the corner as some have said it"
    Last edited by longy; 31-07-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Advanced Member

I am logged into ASB securities trading. It shows the share price, and next to that is the number showing whether it is up or down. But what is the meaning of the little * that comes after the up or down number ?