sharetrader

I am quite happy with the company's progress - the easy China gains could only last so long, time to plough the proceeds into building a more robust, diverse and sustainable business. Again with the Xero comparisons, they are better off churning their cash pile into building the company than sitting on it or throwing it back to shareholders for now.

Some are seeing the increased marketing spend as a downside, I am quite happy as the company's marketing had produced incredible results in the past and we are seeing this again with the huge growth in the US market.

Happy to hold and see how things go.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'll play the game with these Turkeys now the price has stabilised(Sort of) sell some for a loss and buy back more shares cheaper, see if the Kiwis are being the opposite to yesterday(A bit too enthusiastic)
    Just did the same @ 15.24, thought I should lock in some profits, still holding onto a 1/3. Knowing my luck will shoot up in aus, but I'm feeling a little more relaxed now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    Just did the same @ 15.24, thought I should lock in some profits, still holding onto a 1/3. Knowing my luck will shoot up in aus, but I'm feeling a little more relaxed now.
    I guess Balance and yourself are a little different in that you are locking in profits whereas I'm locking in losses in order to get a lower avg and more shares when I buy them back. PS-Last large block avg equals $17.31(Ouch)

I guess Balance and yourself are a little different in that you are locking in profits whereas I'm locking in losses in order to get a lower avg and more shares when I buy them back. PS-Last large block avg equals $17.31(Ouch)
    I think it might be time to take a step back and reevaluate things mate. All the signs are there that growth is slowing quite considerably despite the really massive ramp up in marketing costs last year, up 83% and will be up massively in FY20 for even significantly lower profit growth. 12% of all sales going into marketing is a very serious marketing position to take. Surely the trend here is quite clear ! Massive growth in marketing to sustain much slower growth rates. Game changer !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    We are in the kind of market where sleeping well at night is an important consideration! So get comfortable!

Seems like the pattern is back - up on NZX and down when ASX opens!

I continue to hold long, as the product is good and the valuation represents less than the size of the market opportunity.

I guess the question is around the cost of sales going forward.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think it might be time to take a step back and reevaluate things mate. All the signs are there that growth is slowing quite considerably despite the really massive ramp up in marketing costs last year, up 83% and will be up massively in FY20 for even significantly lower profit growth. 12% of all sales going into marketing is a very serious marketing position to take. Surely the trend here is quite clear ! Massive growth in marketing to sustain much slower growth rates. Game changer !
    https://www.livewiremarkets.com/wire...the-bath-water Another perspective

Selling out of Xero due to fear caused me more angst as I had a sum of money sitting idle in the bank.... Better the devil you know or in this case ... As a A2 holder I have made it my business to research, read and question aspects of the company, the people, the product and the market etc. If I had found a better place (for me) to invest, then my money would already be there.

The results announced yesterday is ONE piece of the puzzle with historical information and plans for the future. Multiple interpretations have come forward.

Certainties ....Jayne will sell her shares, Singles day sales results, Trump will tweet ... and uncertainties will surprise / spook the market.

didnt take out yesterdays high so might be bearish for the rest of day. probably all the people taken to the woodchippers yesterday still havnt sold yet as well still in disbelief
    one step ahead of the herd