sharetrader
    Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Good to see she will only sell some of her shares to cover Oz tax on vested rights and wants to build a shareholding in ATM. One less thing for shareholders to worry about ... lol.
    For sure, good on her. And the day she actually buys some share with her own money, that'll be a big boost for sp.

One thing though, through all this events unfolding from reporting date of 21st (last Wed), I think it would be wise if the management can host a investor conf call on the same day post realising HY and FY results. That'll help flush out lot of assumptions and needless guesses re the numbers and other matters of interest.

Whereas now, only window we get to ask those question is at time of ASM, until then we hear indirectly through media which may or may not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Good to see she will only sell some of her shares to cover Oz tax on vested rights and wants to build a shareholding in ATM. One less thing for shareholders to worry about ... lol.
    Yeap, she's started the charm offensive but has a LOT of work to do lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Thank you for the share

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    For sure, good on her. And the day she actually buys some share with her own money, that'll be a big boost for sp.

One thing though, through all this events unfolding from reporting date of 21st (last Wed), I think it would be wise if the management can host a investor conf call on the same day post realising HY and FY results. That'll help flush out lot of assumptions and needless guesses re the numbers and other matters of interest.

Whereas now, only window we get to ask those question is at time of ASM, until then we hear indirectly through media which may or may not accurate.
    You have to understand who are the real shareholders for the company. It's not people like me who holds a good handful of shares, but the big guns who owns the company in unit of %. Do you really think they make money by charging us $20 for brokerage? For high growth stocks such as A2M, this is exact the way how they like it to update the market, and report their result. Totally legit with the NZX/ASX trading rules, and keep the market guessing and playing game. Long term investor, no worries. For traders, it's fantastic.

By the way, except showing there is linkage with A2M associated with NZ production, I don't see any benefit of having A2M listed on NZX, which the market operator is such a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post

By the way, except showing there is linkage with A2M associated with NZ production, I don't see any benefit of having A2M listed on NZX, which the market operator is such a joke.
    Matter of time before ATM decamps to ASX.

Can see the turnover in NZ dropping day by day as most of the stock are now traded via ASX, and it has been a one way flow of stock from NZX to ASX.

Like Xero, we will all be the better for ATM moving to ASX.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    You have to understand who are the real shareholders for the company. It's not people like me who holds a good handful of shares, but the big guns who owns the company in unit of %. Do you really think they make money by charging us $20 for brokerage? For high growth stocks such as A2M, this is exact the way how they like it to update the market, and report their result. Totally legit with the NZX/ASX trading rules, and keep the market guessing and playing game. Long term investor, no worries. For traders, it's fantastic.

I think you missed my point of my post.

A2 is no more a minuscule as once it was few years back. It now makes $1.3b in revenue and has market cap of over $10bln based on current sp and was over $12bln not that long ago.

To match its market leadership, they need open up lines of communication bit better and provide an opportunity for investor community to elicit more about business around reporting time like many big companies do and some medium ones too. It only adds to their professional approach in dealing with market information and am sure they'll address that aspect soon.

Btw, am long term investor from $0.58c days and see it all unfold over past few years and thanks to the company, dare I say my retirement is almost sorted (which is fair bit away).

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=a2m

Fascinating - shorters actually increased their position by 4m shares on the day of the lower than expected results!

Thanks for highlighting this information. I understand the basic concept of shorting, but struggle to understand how to read the share price with the shorting information... does it mean that they will have to buy back soon to cover the shares they sold so demand could increase? or will they drive it lower?

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=a2m

Fascinating - shorters actually increased their position by 4m shares on the day of the lower than expected results!
    I would expect the short position to increase close to 10% mark from current 6.99%.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderwannabe View Post
    Thanks for highlighting this information. I understand the basic concept of shorting, but struggle to understand how to read the share price with the shorting information... does it mean that they will have to buy back soon to cover the shares they sold so demand could increase? or will they drive it lower?
    Think supply and demand in simplistic terms.

Shorters borrow stock to sell so they add to the supply - negative for sp.

They have to buy back and when they do, they add to the demand - positive for sp.

I am personally surprised they are adding to their NET short positions as the history of ATM is that shorters get burnt.