sharetrader
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I am personally surprised they are adding to their NET short positions as the history of ATM is that shorters get burnt.
    With the SP at or around triple bottom support, showing signs of weakening buyer support on much lower volumes today, maybe the shorts are banking on the 'Jayne news' of selling 'some' of her now vested rights. Not to mention continuing macroeconomic issues which contribute to volatility, currently negative sentiment.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    With the SP at or around triple bottom support, showing signs of weakening buyer support on much lower volumes today, maybe the shorts are banking on the 'Jayne news' of selling 'some' of her now vested rights. Not to mention continuing macroeconomic issues which contribute to volatility, currently negative sentiment.
    Volumes still pretty good and over 1 mill shares moved on the NZX which is above average.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Volumes still pretty good and over 1 mill shares moved on the NZX which is above average.
    Yeah, should've said I was looking at A2M where the real action is. Big fall-off in volume and you'll see it's sold off the gap open and leaked air after a rally closing below yesterdays close. Looks vulnerable to any further negative sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Yeah, should've said I was looking at A2M where the real action is. Big fall-off in volume and you'll see it's sold off the gap open and leaked air after a rally closing below yesterdays close. Looks vulnerable to any further negative sentiment.
    Not a chartist but looks to me on a chart that it is important for A2M to hold the $13.00 price level - if it fails to hold $13, next support point is $11.85 - another 10% downleg?

Comfortable with my remaining holding - A2M sp is still 30% higher than at beginning of the year, albeit 21% lower than its all time high reached this year.

I use BHP as a proxy for assessing how the market is reacting to all the Trump shenanigans - note that its sp is back to where it was at the beginning of the year, and is 17% off its peak.

Kinda tells the story that the market still loves ATM and believes in the story - just a question of how to price the short term (until the China/Trump trade war is settled - one way or the other) share price.
    Last edited by Balance; 27-08-2019 at 07:19 PM.

wonder if a2 will get caught up in the bal downdraft? bal results terrible
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    Doesnt matter cause the Trumpdraft is the one to worry about.
    Last edited by couta1; 28-08-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Advanced Member

Ooof that's a bad result. Makes the A2 management team's China strategy all the more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Doesnt matter cause the Trumpdraft is the one to worry about.
    your right in the overall scheme of things interesting though bal talk about the lower birth rate being a factor in there results. long term decline in birth rates would mean even natural growth for a2 will stall at some stage and then growth will only come at the expense of others
    one step ahead of the herd

Would it not be the other way around? A2 eating into the market share of BAL and BAL does not have SAMR rego. yet...

I think these types of logic wont matter much when UBS is lending left, right and centre to the shorters... 7% shorts as i type

https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/201908...x8f4qnwyns.pdf

BAL result posted for comparative purposes. I don't have time to run any analysis but at first glance that's a pretty ugly drop in sales and EBITDA and the outlook isn't very good. Good luck to holders.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine