sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Shorters increasing ahead of CEO Jayne's next sell-off. A last fling before the Shanghai strategy days 17/19 Sept??

See it here.

Holders will hold, sellers will sell, buyers will buy. Short term turbulence ahead....

DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.
    The shorters are certainly behaving true to form - shorting more as the sp heads lower as they did in the past. Been wrong in the past for them so why should this time be any different?

Any idea why markets are not opening at 10am anymore or is it just not being updated?

Quote Originally Posted by dzhang1510 View Post
    Any idea why markets are not opening at 10am anymore or is it just not being updated?
    Welcome to the forum.

Re your question however i am afraid you need to be a bit more specific. Which markets are you referring to?

Nothing wrong with the NZX today, as far as I can see ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Just the NZX, like google isn't updating for me... weird or just use nzx website to check?

Just the NZX, like google isn't updating for me... weird or just use nzx website to check?
    As i said - nothing wrong today with the NZX. I guess you can't hold them accountable for what some free websites do who may or may not report accurately. Nothing particular about google - if its free, you can't really complain if they screw up - can you?

But anyway - why would you use google for the purpose of monitoring the NZX activities? If you are in the game, then better use your trading platform.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    As i said - nothing wrong today with the NZX. I guess you can't hold them accountable for what some free websites do who may or may not report accurately. Nothing particular about google - if its free, you can't really complain if they screw up - can you?

But anyway - why would you use google for the purpose of monitoring the NZX activities? If you are in the game, then better use your trading platform.
    Could be a student, or a novice trying to get a handle on the pathetic market we call NZX?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Could be a student, or a novice trying to get a handle on the pathetic market we call NZX?

Am both of those
    What are cheaper trading platforms? Or best place to check if I can't afford those?

Am both of those
    What are cheaper trading platforms? Or best place to check if I can't afford those?
    Try ASB Securities. Opening an account is free.

Advanced Member

Am both of those
    Yahoo finance is not to bad if you just looking for info and want to set up and track portfolios. Just remember to put tickers in as per this format
    AIR.NZ, SYD.AX You can't trade there tho. At least, not easily.
    I use Direct Broking for buy / sell. I wouldn't call what I do trading.
    Its ~$30 up to $15,000
    https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...rates.aspx#Fm1

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yahoo finance is not to bad if you just looking for info and want to set up and track portfolios. Just remember to put tickers in as per this format
    AIR.NZ, SYD.AX You can't trade there tho. At least, not easily.
    I use Direct Broking for buy / sell. I wouldn't call what I do trading.
    Its ~$30 up to $15,000
    https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...rates.aspx#Fm1
    My recent buys have incurred additional fees over 10k with DB. However I do debit my bank account not a trading account. Am I missing an opportunity here?