sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    My recent buys have incurred additional fees over 10k with DB. However I do debit my bank account not a trading account. Am I missing an opportunity here?
    It costs you less when you have sufficient funds in your trading account. I have never really done a comparison between the two ASB and DB. But I think ASB charges slightly higher fees. They do discount for their value customers though.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by mshierlaw View Post
    My recent buys have incurred additional fees over 10k with DB. However I do debit my bank account not a trading account. Am I missing an opportunity here?
    Here is their fee structure https://www.directbroking.co.nz/Dire...rates.aspx#Fm1

Many thanks for the detail. Every penny helps.

Advanced Member

Hope I don't put a jinx on sp. Two days in a row green and hopefully third today. Is this the start of new uptrend.

Default Trend

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Hope I don't put a jinx on sp. Two days in a row green and hopefully third today. Is this the start of new uptrend.
    I almost did the "thing" today where you sell in the morning when the NZ market shoots up, and then buy back in when it plummets when the Aussie market opens. Wouldn't have gotten away with it today, as the pattern didn't hold. A good reminder to stop timing the market (although it was fun and profitable a couple of times) and just accept this works just fine as a long term play on the way to the mid twenties in the next couple of years.

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=a2m

Shorters doing their usual?

Sold low, and now buying high?

ASX 50 rebalance happens after asx closing today - A2M might be notified they are joining the club for the end of September. Will be checking news after ASX closes.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    ASX 50 rebalance happens after asx closing today - A2M might be notified they are joining the club for the end of September. Will be checking news after ASX closes.
    In one of recent articles (Aus media) Jayne was quoted saying something like "we're ASX 50 company". So may be we're in this time by the looks.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    In one of recent articles (Aus media) Jayne was quoted saying something like "we're ASX 50 company". So may be we're in this time by the looks.
    This is actually what she said from that article...

"A2 Milk chief executive Jayne Hrdlicka has warned analysts to be more cautious about their forecasts as the booming company “changes gears” to focus on investing for the future and putting in place the infrastructure required of an ASX top 50 company."

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post
    Looks as though no changes to ASX 50, so A2M not included, may be next quarter.