sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Couldn't agree more, let's not give too much notice to market screener numbers, yawn...
    I’ll be the third to agree. Marketscreener is a guide and has been very accurate to date in regards to turnover figures, but I believe the public determine the share price not marketscreener.

I haven’t been here for quite a while but I still see the same patterns. couta1 says cheap as chips = hes long knee deep. Over priced = He got out a few weeks ago.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nasi Goreng View Post
    I haven’t been here for quite a while but I still see the same patterns. couta1 says cheap as chips = hes long knee deep. Over priced = He got out a few weeks ago.
    Hmm cant remember the last time I said it was overpriced but that could be the dementia kicking in, on the other hand there has hardly ever been more than a day or two for years now when I havent held any. PS-Im probably neck deep currently.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    You're certainly entitled to your own estimates mate but I note the average analyst estimate is 45 cps for FY20 so on today's price of ~ $13.50 that's actually a forward PE of 30. Even on your estimate of 50 cents that's still a forward PE of 27. Cash on hand is irrelevant, (in my opinion) when it comes to looking at forward PE's.
    PE's are irrelevant in predicting the future and valuing shares
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Even the much loved Ben Graham said something like that as well.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Yes XRO would be a good case in point with a PE of -385 and finishing at an all time high of $75 NZ.

Membaa

For this company it seems true, as well as not discounting the massive cash bank looking like getting up to close to a billion $ this or next FY. That in itself opens up all sorts of possibilities.

Current share price presents better opportunity than missing out on the next leg up imo, with ATM one blinks and it’s gone, until fomo kicks in and accelerates the ramp up. The short covering when it kicks in will be epic. Today’s gap up open is suggestive.

The rounding bottom on the chart is looking promising as well, log scale of course 😉

Not in my book mate. Most DCF valuations I have seen are ostensibly a whole bunch of guesses clobbered together with a wild guess on the terminal growth rate clobbered together into a discounting model.

Forward PE was about the same,30, when Geoff Babbage was running the company and it was growing eps at several times the forecast rate for FY20.
    Lower forecast eps growth for the foreseeable future says to me the PE needs to come down to a more realistic level in my book.

Time, as usual will tell.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-10-2019 at 09:45 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Not in my book mate. Most DCF valuations I have seen are ostensibly a whole bunch of guesses clobbered together with a wild guess on the terminal growth rate clobbered together into a discounting model.

Forward PE was about the same,30, when Geoff Babbage was running the company and it was growing eps at several times the forecast rate for FY20.
    Lower forecast eps growth for the foreseeable future says to me the PE needs to come down to a more realistic level in my book.

Time, as usual will tell.
    Beagle me old mate - think about what you said through

A PE ratio is ostensibly a DCF in disguise or as they say in the trade ‘a lazy man’s DCF’

When you come up with what you assess a ‘fair’ PE for A2 to be it means you the one who is making ‘a whole bunch of guesses clobbered together with a wild guess on the terminal growth rate clobbered together into a discounting model.’
    Last edited by winner69; 17-10-2019 at 02:59 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Observation - when posters start arguing about PER and how it is irrelevant etc, hope has taken over from greed as a driver of the stock sp.

Me? I think that the 'new' CEO is guiding the market towards lower growth and profit (than market) expectations and analysts are reacting accordingly to the 'guidance' by recommending a more cautious approach.

If she does a good job of massaging the guidance so that A2M always over-deliver on market expectations, the stock will be rewarded with a high PER.

One thing A2M can not afford is to not meet market expectations again - if it does, the sp will be down below $10 in no time.
    Last edited by Balance; 17-10-2019 at 08:59 AM.