sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Lewylewylewy View Post
    That perspective sounds like a barrier to entry in countries that trust their existing suppliers, ie America
    Not a barrier, but yes, supplying melamine free (and what else creative Chinese factories might want to add) IF might be in some other markets not such a strong distinguishing criteria :

Still - it is A2 and it takes probably a decade or so for other markets and competitors to build up their own A2 herds in sufficient numbers.

But yes - at some stage I'd expect all cows will be A2 and the advantage will be gone.
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 04-11-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Was in the ODT this morning - but seems only in the Old Skool paper edition and not landed on their website. Guess because of the NZ Herald paywall....

Banned

The Beagle is barking again, must be time to buy a few more of these currently seriously undervalued beauties. PS-$17-$18 by this time next year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not a barrier, but yes, supplying melamine free (and what else creative Chinese factories might want to add) IF might be in some other markets not such a strong distinguishing criteria :

Still - it is A2 and it takes probably a decade or so for other markets and competitors to build up their own A2 herds in sufficient numbers.

But yes - at some stage I'd expect all cows will be A2 and the advantage will be gone.
    Yes well just imagine the size of the market once A2 is the dominant milk on the planet, huge growth potential ahead.

I suppose the advantage (or disadvantage) of IF over milk market, is that people haven't built brand loyalty as long because (most) people aren't having babies all throughout their lives.

Beagle, I agree, but I think after having built a good brand with a large customer base, although the low fruit has been picked, there are other orchards to take a wander through. In the future, i see a2 chocolate, cream, yogurt, flavored milk, creamer, etc. All big markets. Obviously lots of work, but it's not like this company hasn't proven its ability to build and distribute an fmcg product.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Not so. You ignore the branding effect.

Any factory can make a cola.....but there is only one Coca Cola. If you begin to think of A2 as the Coca Cola of milk then you may just begin to understand the branding power of A2.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

Any factory can make a cola.....but there is only one Coca Cola. If you begin to think of A2 as the Coca Cola of milk then you may just begin to understand the branding power of A2.
    I agree. I used to work for a cigarette factory and made two cigarettes with the same ingredients and filters. They just had two different inks on them. One was sold for $2 per packet more back in 90s. iPhone or Samsung, they both do similar things, one just holds higher status in the eyes of some....... Marketing done at its best.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The Beagle is barking again, must be time to buy a few more of these currently seriously undervalued beauties. PS-$17-$18 by this time next year.
    When you're in a deep hole the smartest thing to do is stop digging
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

I think they do extremely well with Pepsi and Pepsi Max is my carbonated drink of choice
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    When you're in a deep hole the smartest thing to do is stop digging
    When I dig my hole I remove 1 shovelful of dirt and add 2 to replace the 1 i removed. Lol