sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I won't win any friends for saying this but :-
    I used to think the intellectual property that ATM often bragged about was worth a lot and was a defensible moat.
    Nestle debunked a lot of myth about that a while back and I believe over time A2 Milk will just become another commodity.
    I agree ATM has first mover advantage but that only lasts so long and then...
    I could never work out how you, and others, came to that conclusion - they never had a monopoly on a2 protein, just the name.
    At some point it was always going to become a commodity and the margin for being 'special' would be lost.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    I could never work out how you, and others, came to that conclusion - they never had a monopoly on a2 protein, just the name.
    At some point it was always going to become a commodity and the margin for being 'special' would be lost.
    And one of the reasons hence that they are ramping up their marketing spend.

That isn't itself a bad thing. But the problem is it is an investment, needs to be done really well - as all too often marketing spend is just frivolous and money wasted. (Been in a company that did that...…but they thought they were great)

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Not so. You ignore the branding effect.

Any factory can make a cola.....but there is only one Coca Cola. If you begin to think of A2 as the Coca Cola of milk then you may just begin to understand the branding power of A2.
    They say Coca cola has a secret recipe - which would give them an IP advantage. I don't know and I am not a fan of any drink of the coke variety, but it does taste somewhat different to others.

However with A2 milk, it is just milk - and would not be different to any other A2 milk ...

But hey ... if buyers think that A2 will hold an eternal brand advantage over all competitors, then I can live with that. Currently holding a small parcel and happy to sell them to the most enthusiastic buyer ... as soon as the price is right ;

Discl: Drinking our own (on our block produced) A2 milk since decades ... and I am talking here about real untreated milk - fresh from the cow and thick creme sitting on top. I can confirm it tastes so much better than anything we could ever buy in any supermarket ... and I don't need ATM to get it ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Company presentations used to make a quite a meal of their IP, trdemark and patent protection. Pages 12-15 of this presentation an example of that http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...065/248602.pdf
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    When I dig my hole I remove 1 shovelful of dirt and add 2 to replace the 1 i removed. Lol
    LOL if your shovel gets blunt I'll buy the rest of your PAZ off you at 23 cents
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-11-2019 at 04:54 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    They say Coca cola has a secret recipe - which would give them an IP advantage. I don't know and I am not a fan of any drink of the coke variety, but it does taste somewhat different to others.

However with A2 milk, it is just milk - and would not be different to any other A2 milk ...

But hey ... if buyers think that A2 will hold an eternal brand advantage over all competitors, then I can live with that. Currently holding a small parcel and happy to sell them to the most enthusiastic buyer ... as soon as the price is right ;

Discl: Drinking our own (on our block produced) A2 milk since decades ... and I am talking here about real untreated milk - fresh from the cow and thick creme sitting on top. I can confirm it tastes so much better than anything we could ever buy in any supermarket ... and I don't need ATM to get it ...
    Great to see that , although there are just a few like you can do so. The rest need to go to supermarket and choose their milk .
    Beside , my cousin with an Autism Kid, after all the counseling and books and research, he finally decided to let his kid drink A2 Milk and he noticed the kid can easy pooing and thanks to that the kid is more focus and listening and since starting with A2 Milk in just 10 months, the kid is doing without trouble at school. I do noticed that as well, it seems rocket science for what I am trying to say here because there are no proof or the big boys Pharmacy didn't want to go further. I don't care , but that is how I am observing the kid. Since I have trust to this A2MIlk.
    There are challenge but there are faiths and the name A2 MILK ( ATM) is the beginning of the story.!

Investor

Jacinda Ardern announces upgrade on free trade agreement with China

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12281876

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

I particularly like this part ...... ' In dairy, existing conditions had been maintained, with all safeguard tariffs to be eliminated within just over two years for most products, and four years for milk powder.Ardern: "This means that by January 2024, New Zealand will have the best access to China for dairy products of any country."

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post

Today, the sp actually dropped after the news... Seriously?? the market expects every chinese mum to buy A2???

Advanced Member

fwiw I don't drink milk but last month I decided being a shareholder wasn't enough, I also had to test the product. So for 2 weeks I used A2 milk in my morning smoothie. So far so good and yeah it was milk but I was happy using water. Then I switched to standard milk and it gave me discomfort straight away. I spare you the details.
    Also the daughter of a colleague suffered from bad acid Reflux during her pregnancy and her eating A2 ice cream actually did wonders (not sure if this was an excuse to eat ice cream though).

Either way that's why I'm holding on to my holding. More and more people are talking about the benefits they experience with A2 milk. And that's only in NZ where we had fresh milk and other products for a while now. My hope is that China is still growing (albeit slowly) but I keep a very keen eye on the North American market too.