sharetrader
    Banned

My wife and I only drink A2(About 8 litres a week) which includes the stuff that mixes with the alcohol, we dont have any problem with drinking A1 that we know of but A2 tastes so much better plus to support the company where most of our money sits.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    My wife and I only drink A2(About 8 litres a week) which includes the stuff that mixes with the alcohol, we dont have any problem with drinking A1 that we know of but A2 tastes so much better plus to support the company where most of our money sits.
    I also like the way those Bolly bands are tightening!

Whenever my family goes out on weekends, my wife and I have coffee together. At the same time, she always used to suffer from sore belly and had to know where the nearest bathroom she could go wherever we went. We initially thought she just had weak intestines. One day, I suddenly came to think that it might have been due to the normal milk she drank from her flat white. I started testing by letting her stop drinking a normal milk but started letting her drink my son's A2 milk. Also for her flat white, we started swapping that with one with soy milk. Guess what, now she never complains about sore belly and doesn't go to bathroom as often as before. I actually wish all the cafes would provide an option to make coffee made with A2 milk instead of only vegan milk. It will help a lot of people like my wife enjoy a nice cup of coffee without worrying about having to go to bathroom so often.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    Whenever my family goes out on weekends, my wife and I have coffee together. At the same time, she always used to suffer from sore belly and had to know where the nearest bathroom she could go wherever we went. We initially thought she just had weak intestines. One day, I suddenly came to think that it might have been due to the normal milk she drank from her flat white. I started testing by letting her stop drinking a normal milk but started letting her drink my son's A2 milk. Also for her flat white, we started swapping that with one with soy milk. Guess what, now she never complains about sore belly and doesn't go to bathroom as often as before. I actually wish all the cafes would provide an option to make coffee made with A2 milk instead of only vegan milk. It will help a lot of people like my wife enjoy a nice cup of coffee without worrying about having to go to bathroom so often.
    Mention this to every Cafe you're visiting. If lots of them get the same feedback then they may offer A2 milk as regularly as in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    Today, the sp actually dropped after the news... Seriously?? the market expects every chinese mum to buy A2???
    NZ infant formula already goes into China with zero tariff. There is no additional benefit for ATM with the upgraded FTA with China - which kicks in 4 years from now anyway.

The biggest issue with ATM at present hopefully will be addressed at the ASM on 19 Nov - update on revenues and margins.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    We seem to be going through another cycle of 'A2 milk is really good for me'.
    A2 milk is good for some people and they are willing to pay a premium for it (not ATM milk specifically but milk of solely a2 protein).
    I drink the cheapest milk and always will - I don't have a problem with a1 protein.If a2 protein milk becomes more popular and prevalent it will reduce in price and profitability - after all, once you have a herd, it doesn't cost more to produce the raw product.
    Fresh milk isn't where ATM will make the money.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    A2 milk is good for some people and they are willing to pay a premium for it (not ATM milk specifically but milk of solely a2 protein).
    I drink the cheapest milk and always will - I don't have a problem with a1 protein.If a2 protein milk becomes more popular and prevalent it will reduce in price and profitability - after all, once you have a herd, it doesn't cost more to produce the raw product.
    Yup - agreed.

Been mentioned numerous times before that the Chinese are buying A2 milk (infant formula) because of its proven benefits (albeit anecdotal) to those who are lactose intolerant.

But still nice to know that posters here are all waking up to the benefits - spread the word. I have been and have been receiving positive affirmations of the benefits of drinking A2 milk.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Fresh milk is where the company started their success and the 10% fresh milk market share they enjoy in Australia provided the basis for everything that followed. My own hope is the huge money they are making from Chinese IF sales will be used to develop the American market - if they can recreate the Australian success over there I will be very happy. Not just fresh milk of course, there's cheese, yoghurt, butter, ice cream, fresh cream - a whole world of products to expand into to prevent the company being too reliant on one product in one market.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Fresh milk is where the company started their success and the 10% fresh milk market share they enjoy in Australia provided the basis for everything that followed. My own hope is the huge money they are making from Chinese IF sales will be used to develop the American market - if they can recreate the Australian success over there I will be very happy. Not just fresh milk of course, there's cheese, yoghurt, butter, ice cream, fresh cream - a whole world of products to expand into to prevent the company being too reliant on one product in one market.
    And there we differ - their entry into the American market is one reason why I cut back my shareholding in ATM - the US market is a graveyard for NZ companies. What makes ATM think they can foot it in the US when almost NZ companies which went there suffered horrendously?
    Last edited by Balance; 05-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    That was back when it was 'special' - it is much less 'special' now and will head towards commodity.