sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I'm all in so cant buy anymore however I have been selling parcels for a loss and buying back cheaper to drive my avg price down and end up with more shares, still it takes a good stomach to watch your holding get knocked many hundred thousand into the red.
    Well, as a newbie to the investing / trading game - with A2 as my first big play 10 weeks ago - I can tell you my stomach has endured a LOT. But, I haven't been shaken out. I'm in too deep now, lol. I had considered what you've been doing, but every time I think we've hit near the bottom, down we go further.

Overall, I'm framing this as a very valuable learning experience. I hope having to endure this and learn from some classic newbie mistakes will benefit me in the long run. I had hoped to at least break even by the end of the year, but that's looking increasingly unlikely.
    Last edited by Oberon; 06-11-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Advanced Member

I'm all in so cant buy anymore however I have been selling parcels for a loss and buying back cheaper to drive my avg price down and end up with more shares, still it takes a good stomach to watch your holding get knocked many hundred thousand into the red.
    Not to worry, we've been through it all before, and we know what to do....plan B. Down about $4b in 3 months. Would this have much effect on the rest of the market?

Jobs are done and will hang round until AGM
    Last edited by tomm; 06-11-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    We cannot influence what Citi/UBS are doing but we can keep our emotions in check and if appropriate, take advantage of the opportunity to buy stock cheap.

Big boys' game - shorting and the shorters have been badly mauled by ATM before (in 2017 and 2018).
    Big big test for Jayne's leadership now, a slight miss on forecast (consensus not company's own) and we are downhill from high of $17+ to $12+ and still falling.

It'll be very very intriguing and interesting ASM indeed, thanks goodness its in Akl not in Aus.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Big big test for Jayne's leadership now, a slight miss on forecast (consensus not company's own) and we are downhill from high of $17+ to $12+ and still falling.

It'll be very very intriguing and interesting ASM indeed, thanks goodness its in Akl not in Aus.
    Does Jayne’s leadership have much influence on short term share price movements (except when she sells)?

Jayne has laid out what A2 are doing and what that will likely return and we need to assume that Jayne is leading the company well and they will deliver as expected.

The share price is at the whims of the punters ...sometimes they like A2 and other times they dislike A2

Betcha some punters don’t even know what A2 do - it’s just a ticker code to them
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Does Jayne’s leadership have much influence on short term share price movements (except when she sells)?

Jayne has laid out what A2 are doing and what that will likely return and we need to assume that Jayne is leading the company well and they will deliver as expected.

The share price is at the whims of the punters ...sometimes they like A2 and other times they dislike A2

Betcha some punters don’t even know what A2 do - it’s just a ticker code to them
    Good point, W69 - like vultures to meat, some punters would have been trading the stock due to its volatility.

Been great until it reversed trend (either way)!

Investor

MAJOR CHINESE COMPETITOR JOINS THE A2 PARTY - CITI

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...arty-citi.html

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    MAJOR CHINESE COMPETITOR JOINS THE A2 PARTY - CITI

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...arty-citi.html
    Same as the Herald article, full of crap and melamine. Get a life Teeger, I mean an ethical one.
    Last edited by couta1; 06-11-2019 at 04:32 PM.

Is it me or something is happen to NZ , all my entire watch list of NZX is in Big Red today ???

I hear ya couta1, however I remember watching your posts when Xero was mauled a number of years ago as I was in the same boat as you. I panicked then & sold out then felt sick as it started to rise. Look at Xero now