sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Unless, you're Mungar, Buffett, or Mark Cuban and have an incredible ability to pick stocks and investments, I think a good deal of diversification is important. Of course, even these guys are way more diversified than you. Even Jim Cramer recommends 10 to 15 stocks and this is considered a pretty narrow, aggressive, approach.

Since retiring I've definitely become more conservative in my investing outlook. I assume you're down $300K or more on this investment from what you've written? If you win big here (and I hope you do because most NZ investors have exposure to A2M in some way) will you hang up your boots and think "gee, that was lucky"? I would. I'd be heading for the index and ETF hills.

As Buffett says, don't bet the farm.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...A1N1H520140224
    Follow the beat of your own drum I say and do what works for you at any given stage, dont let anyone tell you what you can or cant do no matter what their credentials are.. PS-Yes down more than 300k, double that nearly.
    Last edited by couta1; 07-11-2019 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Folliw the beat of your own drum I say and do what works for you at any given stage, dont let anyone tell you what you can or cant do no matter what their credentials are.. PS-Yes down more than 300k, double that.
    Well, good luck. Not that this means anything in the investment world but you come across as a decent, hard working guy and I sincerely hope it works out for you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Well, good luck. Not that this means anything in the investment world but you come across as a decent, hard working guy and I sincerely hope it works out for you.
    Thanks Bobdn and all the best to you also, we both have a connection having been through the CNU fire together all those years ago.

Investor

Follow the beat of your own drum I say and do what works for you at any given stage, dont let anyone tell you what you can or cant do no matter what their credentials are.. PS-Yes down more than 300k, double that nearly.
    Wow, that's some serious coin there...wish you well.

Guru

Seeking to reduce reliance on imports.....

"We see growing demand for high-end, organic products,"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...ore-of-its-own

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Wow, that's some serious coin there...wish you well.
    Yeah that's why we live in an old house and I drive an old car, all retirement money in the market not property.

Yeah that's why we live in an old house and I drive an old car, all retirement money in the market not property.
    As long as you are happy, at the end all of these are just great experimences of a life time nothing more. I wish you luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    This could suggest that other domestic brands are close to launching A2-protein formulas, should they all use the same local milk source," he added. Junlebao is controlled by the Hebei provincial government.

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...arty-citi.html

and dont forget westland dairy in NZ will now grow a pool of a2 cows to supply these chinese companies. the chinese are very smart in building chinese owned supply chains
    China with their eyes on expansion ....may be in the market to purchase A2m?? Their investment in producing A2 Milk is a compliment. Not that long ago people were saying A2 protein was just a marketing gimmick...... seems not
    Last edited by Southern_Belle; 07-11-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Advanced Member

Sorry Beagle but I never would have been the runner I was or the skier I am with your outlook, with big risk comes big rewards that's my mantra, go hard or go home your not here for long.
    Great to know re the skiing and running Couta. I'm a pretty OK sailor, still sailing competitively as best I can and as the aging body allows. Also loving my mountain biking, trying to keep up with my son.
    Recommend you separate your physical activity strategies from your investment ones. They are different animals. I think you have seen my previous posts on diversification, Beagle still teasing me on allowing HGH to got to >9%. (Honest...it was an accident. )
    All the best, RTM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Seeking to reduce reliance on imports.....

"We see growing demand for high-end, organic products,"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...ore-of-its-own
    The above products are a1? Shouldn't have any effect on a2. If a2 was an orange and a1 is a lemon, then shoppers going out to buy lots of a2 oranges are not going to come home with a whole lot of lemons .
    Last edited by see weed; 07-11-2019 at 02:50 PM.