sharetrader
    Outside thinking.

Thanks Couta, I didn't know you had posted it earlier. Apologies.

(ps after further thought I edited my earlier post......see above. I'm not sure of the motives behind this video.)
    Last edited by Leftfield; 11-11-2019 at 08:17 PM.

Guru

My Chinese isn't so good.....

https://a2nutrition.world.tmall.com/

358RMB = $80. Looks like a 10% discount, but still $40-odd in Oz.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hi Lf, that's exactly the same video I've posted above and it is very scary indeed, once I was blind but now I see. PS-Some holders over at Hotcopper have already written to the regulators re their concerns over the kind of manipulation highlighted on the video in relation to A2 and it fell on deaf ears.
    Thanks couta1, good video. They may of put it in the too hard basket. So how can we gain from their manipulation? Buy on the lows and sell on the highs as usual.

Well, I do respect how they say they are trying to gain the confident of the Chinese's citizens consumers. But so far as how we see the truth are as below.

How international students are making a small fortune by re-selling baby formula, vitamins and skincare products overseas at huge mark-ups
    Chinese international students are purchasing baby formula, vitamins and skincare products and selling them for a huge mark-up overseas.
    Several videos have emerged of the chaotic scenes of the baby formula war unfolding around Australia which sees Daigous wiping the products off the shelves.
    Daigou is a Chinese term for someone who buys on behalf of someone else and sells at a higher price, with baby formula one of most sought-after products in China.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mark-ups.html
    Last edited by tomm; 12-11-2019 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Well, I do respect how they say they are trying to gain the confident of the Chinese's citizens consumers. But so far as how we see the truth are as below.

How international students are making a small fortune by re-selling baby formula, vitamins and skincare products overseas at huge mark-ups
    Chinese international students are purchasing baby formula, vitamins and skincare products and selling them for a huge mark-up overseas.
    Several videos have emerged of the chaotic scenes of the baby formula war unfolding around Australia which sees Daigous wiping the products off the shelves.
    Daigou is a Chinese term for someone who buys on behalf of someone else and sells at a higher price, with baby formula one of most sought-after products in China.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-mark-ups.html
    That's very old news, tomm, played up for impact.

Forget about "they are trying to gain the confident of the Chinese's citizens consumers" - Junlebao has shown that domestic IF players are already gaining the confidence of China consumers.

The company has gone from nowhere in 2014 to selling 50m+ cans of IF in 2018. Junlebao is now building the largest IF plant in China which will add another 75m cans in 2020. What does this tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That's very old news, tomm, played up for impact.

Forget about "they are trying to gain the confident of the Chinese's citizens consumers" - Junlebao has shown that domestic IF players are already gaining the confidence of China consumers.

The company has gone from nowhere in 2014 to selling 50m+ cans of IF in 2018. Junlebao is now building the largest IF plant in China which will add another 75m cans in 2020. What does this tell you?
    The A2 milk company has also gone from nowhere in 2013 and will sell around 50M cans this year, they're also got another factory coming online to increase capacity massively. What does this tell you? Chinese demand for foreign infant forumla isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    The A2 milk company has also gone from nowhere in 2013 and will sell around 50M cans this year, they're also got another factory coming online to increase capacity massively. What does this tell you? Chinese demand for foreign infant forumla isn't going anywhere.
    You have completely missed the point like tomm.

The issue being discussed is whether China domestic producers will ever regain the confidence of China consumers. Junlebao success says they are.

Nothing to do with what ATM is doing or selling.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    You have completely missed the point like tomm.

The issue being discussed is whether China domestic producers will ever regain the confidence of China consumers. Junlebao success says they are.

Nothing to do with what ATM is doing or selling.
    About the Chinese's news and websites.. all are controlled to produce what they want you to know and what they want you to read .
    I see for my own eyes and I have Chinese friends both in middle class and upper class, they were laughing at me when I said exactly the same thing what you said about the Chinese's confidents toward their own products .
    What I am trying to say is , they try to marketing and promote their own products but the actual numbers and quotes are just how they wanted you to see .
    This cultures of thinking has been impacting the Chinese for decades , no argue about that, Would be a miracle when the Chinese's goverment adopt Democrat and Human Right ( not a President for LIFE , LMAO) then I will see about that , but for now , maybe,,,, later....
    In the mean times... all the A2 Milk products are keep selling out !!!
    Last edited by tomm; 12-11-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Good you continue to being some balance to this cult stock Balance but with all the talk that shorters, analysts and bots are responsible for the obvious downtrend over the last few months from $18, my sense is your time is wasted as most horses in this race appear to be wearing blinkers. http://www.grand-national.me.uk/416/...swearblinkers/
    For mine, shorters, bots and analysts may have some effect on the share price volatility on a day to day basis but this has been considerably less volatile in recent months than it used to be so all the talk that these people are the villain's for the current funk this company is in, look like desperate straw grabbing to me.
    The real story is the rising competition, reducing margins and much slower eps growth. The back story is the way Jayne is spending with reckless abandon and until we see some concrete evidence that the massive ramp up in marketing and personnel spend is going to generate sales performance ahead of the current market consensus then no amount of derisory comments about other market participants will help.

A good stock with new management I am not sure I trust that's trading on a forward PE about 5 higher than it should be in my opinion.
    If I saw any value here I would buy some, but I don't, so won't.
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-11-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

More nonsense barking from the Beagle, did you watch that video right through? PS-Its less volatile because the price is being capped and controlled by the bots.