sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm ... not quite sure about this story. Are you saying that A2 management advises their staff to buy ATM shares?

I guess apart from sounding incredibly imprudent for a manager to make recommendations to staff about how to invest their personal money (and breaching the act on giving financial advise ...) ... I am wondering whether this could be seen as a breach of the rules against insider trading. If the story is true, than management seems to know something the markets don't know yet - right?
    Maybe just a employee share plan which many company’s offer their employees

Often employees encouraged to join - ownership makes employees work harder
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm ... not quite sure about this story. Are you saying that A2 management advises their staff to buy ATM shares?

I guess apart from sounding incredibly imprudent for a manager to make recommendations to staff about how to invest their personal money (and breaching the act on giving financial advise ...) ... I am wondering whether this could be seen as a breach of the rules against insider trading. If the story is true, than management seems to know something the markets don't know yet - right?
    You have to understand this happens all the time in industries. I was told to invest heavily in XRO when the share was around $2. It was the advice from a customer of mine, who's daughter was relatively high up in the company. Had I only followed the advice.

I do admit it is probably an employee share plan for ATM
    Last edited by Ggcc; 13-11-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    You have to understand this happens all the time in industries. I was told to invest heavily in XRO when the share was around $2. It was the advice from a customer of mine, who's daughter was relatively high up in the company. Had I only followed the advice.

I do admit it is probably an employee share plan for ATM
    Mhm ... from memory - MPG introduced an employee share plan at a SP of around $2. Now they are at 35 cents or so.

One of my friends worked for a high tech startup with an amazing share plan ... until they did bite the dust ...

Of course ... ATM is neither MPG nor a high tech start up ... but if we are talking here employee share plans (does ATM have one?), than I would not draw any conclusions from that related to the future of the company - neither good nor bad. The purpose of employee share plans is really just to link employees interests closer to the share holders interest, not to get employees to make sensible investment decisions.

Discl: still holding (a small parcel) ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Outside thinking.

ATM seems to have done very well in the recent Singles Day sale according to many reports posted on HC.

This report states A2 sales up 250%.

Another report says A2's market share/sales increased from 6th ranked IF brand LY to second ranked this year.

All speculative until confirmed by ATM in a market update, but I suspect the SP has bottomed out on this news, and will slowly increase from here.

I'm sure Beagle will say that while sales are up we need to see how the increased marketing spend is effecting profitability. He would be right, but I'm quietly confident.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 13-11-2019 at 10:46 AM. Reason: to Incl 2nd link

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...res-bankruptcy

Unsure relevancy; but milk sales suffered over last couple of decades - a2 has a definitive point of difference, maybe gives a2 a crack in the armour for their US campaign

Quote Originally Posted by dompf View Post

Unsure relevancy; but milk sales suffered over last couple of decades - a2 has a definitive point of difference, maybe gives a2 a crack in the armour for their US campaign
    Hey - here would be a pristine opportunity for Fonterra to loose more money. Why should they pour it all into China?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

If we see at least a $12.80 handle today , should be a bright way to turn.

OLosing Susan a bit of a blow

She’s made A2 what is today

Deserved the zillions she’s made over the years from her shares

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...233/311747.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 13-11-2019 at 12:31 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

One link is Dean Foods tried to take over ATM a few years ago, seeing the opportunity to start growing the milk market again with A2 product presumably. Their loss is our gain.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Agree, The marketing team should be all over this.