sharetrader
    IMO

I will keep holding .Dont want to risk having to pay tax on profits, trading, to the IRD.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I will keep holding .Dont want to risk having to pay tax on profits, trading, to the IRD.
    Are there any resources anyone could point me in the direction of in regard to trading/investing and tax? I had a quick search earlier in the year when I first got started but haven't looked again since holding A2 for the last new months. I didn't find anything clear cut on the subject...

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I bought a small(For me) base holding back on the low yesterday which I will either build on or flick off if it runs hard again this arvo. I'm not expecting any dips to go much below $14.80 so I reckon you'll be all good.
    Agree with you Couta .

Banned

No risk from my viewpoint, all profit goes in my IR3 end of story.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Are there any resources anyone could point me in the direction of in regard to trading/investing and tax? I had a quick search earlier in the year when I first got started but haven't looked again since holding A2 for the last new months. I didn't find anything clear cut on the subject...
    You wont find anything clear cut because there isn't any definitive guidelines like most other countries have but I'll make it simple for you, only two things to ask yourself. 1.What was your intention when you purchased any given block of shares and. 2. How often do you buy and sell shares. The answer to those two questions will give you good guidance.
    Last edited by couta1; 29-11-2019 at 11:51 AM.

IMO

Also how many buys and sells you do in a year. Buying for the dividends is good too. It is a very gray area. I have a trading broker (for aus stocks) ,ASB and an Investment broker with two diff banks to be completely transparent.

Worth a browse through the thread below
    "Some Questions For Traders " and others in the bowels of S/T.

Banned

Also how many buys and sells you do in a year. Buying for the dividends is good too. It is a very gray area. I have a trading broker (for aus stocks) ,ASB and an Investment broker with two diff banks to be completely transparent.

Worth a browse through the thread below
    "Some Questions For Traders " and others in the bowels of S/T.
    Having 2 separate accounts may be helpful for reconciliation purposes but otherwise means diddly squat to IRD or in determining whether you are a trader or not. All that matters is Intention at time of purchase and frequency of trading.

IMO

Not according to my accountant.i never want to attract the IRD for any reason. If they deem one a trader and not an investor, thats it. To each their own , whatever works for you.

Advanced Member

I have it all sussed out. Have paid little tax and got a $17k refund a few months ago. The refund was partly provisional tax paid the year before. . ps Somebody might organize a special meeting for tax tips.
    Last edited by see weed; 29-11-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Looking to get out today if it spikes hard again. Had an opportunity yesterday but didn't go with my gut; I thought that surge was begging to come back down. I could have walked away with some nice profit and bought back in at my previous break-even. Too much time reading forums second guessing myself. Won't make the same mistake today. Although, here I am posting right now. Well, ok... just doing the rounds before the ASX opens.
    Look at the VWAP in AUS for A2 : $1358 and trading as $1466

Damn it is going to be a bearish..