sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Margin's under pressure because of Jayne's reckless spending and hiring all her mates at ridiculous salaries.
    Once you get rid of Jayne and her dead wood mates and trim some of her scattergun approach marketing it will all come right and the company can get back to growing eps faster under proper leadership. Anyone who hasn't noticed eps growth dramatically slowing under Jayne's leadership must have been living under a rock for 18 months !!
    The board have moved decisively to cut the cancer out and restore eps growth for shareholders. Good on them !!
    I am sure Geoff will waste no time cutting the remaining cancer out, (Jayne's girlfriends).
    jane was spending money for long term growth. the boards doing anything it can to maintain short term growth bad bad bad in the long run the nestle will out spend them and take market share long term
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    yes geoff built the company but hes not skilled in what jane does , thats why he handed the reins over. hes in tempoary as a lifesaver for the share price only
    He's getting old, is why he handed the role over and needed a break after so many years working his butt off for shareholders. Jethole has a truly appalling track record for customer satisfaction...what would the CEO of such a poor company possibly know about building a premium brand !!
    He's back and freshly energised after a lengthy break. Those are the best words shareholders can possibly hope to read. Back to disciplined strong growth is eps.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-12-2019 at 12:34 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

David Hearn not ruling out the return of the CMO. Says it all really.
    Last edited by tipsy; 09-12-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    Ebitda is up and as expected which create strong trend opportunities for Instos and experimence Traders, Shorters are already up and try to press the Sp down from the last AGM, without shorters the Sp should have been 16-17 by now. I expect the Sp will bounce back to 14.30 once ASX open and hanging on from there. We even have an experimence top CEO.. ohh good old Geoffrey ... I love it .

I reckon this adds to the picture
    Babbidge said
    "I recognise the positive changes that Jayne has brought to thebusiness and will continue to pursue the strategies and plans developed bymanagement and agreed by the board,” he said.

I'd read that as her NOT adhering to the strategies and plans developed by management and board. Probably reading too much but the comparison is so clear.
    Last edited by peat; 09-12-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    i told you to be careful last week piggies get slaughtered and hello couta down 120k in a week. think your be needing something stronger than a glass of a2 tonight
    Actually 160k now but it's all academic as it's only on paper and I'm very well seasoned for these situations, in fact I just shake my head at the panic merchants and laugh(No offense meant to you Balance) You got lucky with your piggy call as you had no idea that today's news was coming. PS-I will most likely have my regular glass of A2 with Canterbury Cream added as per normal.

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    Yup. The board taking back control.

Would like to see a younger, more dynamic leader (with some digital marketing experience) take the CEO role eventually. A2 need to start leveraging influencer marketing/social media better in the US roll out, imo.

They have plenty of cash to entice a top notch CEO.
    How many shares does Jayne hold and might bail on ?

Quote Originally Posted by zgnz View Post
    Yup. The board taking back control.

Would like to see a younger, more dynamic leader (with some digital marketing experience) take the CEO role eventually. A2 need to start leveraging influencer marketing/social media better in the US roll out, imo.
    True! Did the CMO role ever get filled? No doubt Jayne was lining up one of her mates from Jetstar.

Advanced Member

After reading and listening carefully this morning after being angry and upset has calmed me a bit and I've come to the conclusion that most likely the Board and the CEO had a huge falling out. The Board has certainly listened to a couple of major NZ instos here who did not agree with how the company was run internally. I still believe that Jayne's strategy is the way forward for ATM but has let herself down in the execution perhaps. Geoff has done wonderful things for this company but personally I'm not a 100% convinced that he is the right person for the next stage of A2 world domination. He probably knows that too so he was happy to fill in the interim.

In the meantime I'm keeping my ears on the ground if this is just the start of more bad news to come or if it wast just a complete breakdown in relations at the top and the wound has been cauterized and we can move forward.