sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    I think she got an extra roles with another while being CEO , I read an article a week ago. and the Board is not happy about that because she can't focus on her job 100%.
    off...you ..go...
    Interesting.... This would smell like greed to me. I agree with the board if that would be the case. If you are at the top, you should not focus on other things at the same time, it is impossible to run two businesses at the same time with one being the scale of ATM

Jayne's top priority has always been Jayne, in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

It is not easy to get rid of employees, I am sure there has been plenty of behind the scenes strategy before this hit the headlines. The decisions are made well before the decisions are announced. Contingencies will be well planned and now the execution of that plans are underway.

Would have been more alarming if Jayne had surprisingly announced she was going and leaving them scrambling for cover, this is clearly not the case.

Rest assured, nothing builds a team stronger and faster than event such as this. The focus will be sharpened and resolute, results will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Bang on ...

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Good Riddance.

A poor expensive hire. The whole board need to take a look at themselves and learn what they needed to ask back then to avoid this situation and ensure it doesn't happen again.

It really riles me they use confidentiality as an escape of accountability to shareholders. Millions donated to hrdlickas slush fund for her departure from Jetstar all for 18 months subpar work.

Ah well, onwards and upwards for atm. May have dodged a bullet, glad babidge is back. Maybe he'll decide to stay on. The pay may have improved from when he was in the job ?

We have just hit the 1000th page in this thread. Have learnt from all posters whom have contributed a lot of worthwhile insights.just for the record, I got it right(for once) and sold all two weeks ago. I swear Jayne didn’t tell me she is leaving!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carrom74 View Post
    We have just hit the 1000th page in this thread. Have learnt from all posters whom have contributed a lot of worthwhile insights.just for the record, I got it right(for once) and sold all two weeks ago. I swear Jayne didn’t tell me she is leaving!
    Time to think about buying back in given this unique out of the blue opportunity, once the market realizes that the company is actually in a better position now than last week I'm not expecting the price to stay down for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Belle View Post
    especially with the Tennis season just underway .... more time for Jayne to focus on her roles as chair & president of Tennis Australia
    Spot on there mate. She took the role while doing a job at A2. This is not acceptable. The Board is exceptional spot on.

I always wondered what Jane brought to the table. We already had a very competent CMO, and that "seemed" to be Jane's go to "strategy" area. I wonder if those two had a falling out recently also?
    I know Jane was originally from the USA so (giving the benefit of the doubt), thought maybe she might have had contacts and might bring some use in that department, but it seems travel was not her forte either.
    The cynical side of me thinks she wanted a part time CEO role on full time plus plus perks, and the Board, (probably after hearing from disgruntled management that were there long before her) have said enough is enough.
    Other than the initial shock factor, I am not displeased with her moving on, I just hope the Board has learnt from this recruitment and will do a better job next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Belle View Post
    It is not easy to get rid of employees, I am sure there has been plenty of behind the scenes strategy before this hit the headlines. The decisions are made well before the decisions are announced. Contingencies will be well planned and now the execution of that plans are underway.

Would have been more alarming if Jayne had surprisingly announced she was going and leaving them scrambling for cover, this is clearly not the case.

Rest assured, nothing builds a team stronger and faster than event such as this. The focus will be sharpened and resolute, results will follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanchay View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Good Riddance.

A poor expensive hire. The whole board need to take a look at themselves and learn what they needed to ask back then to avoid this situation and ensure it doesn't happen again.

It really riles me they use confidentiality as an escape of accountability to shareholders. Millions donated to hrdlickas slush fund for her departure from Jetstar all for 18 months subpar work.

Ah well, onwards and upwards for atm. May have dodged a bullet, glad babidge is back. Maybe he'll decide to stay on. The pay may have improved from when he was in the job ?
    Quote Originally Posted by okay View Post
    I always wondered what Jane brought to the table. We already had a very competent CMO, and that "seemed" to be Jane's go to "strategy" area. I wonder if those two had a falling out recently also?
    I know Jane was originally from the USA so (giving the benefit of the doubt), thought maybe she might have had contacts and might bring some use in that department, but it seems travel was not her forte either.
    The cynical side of me thinks she wanted a part time CEO role on full time plus plus perks, and the Board, (probably after hearing from disgruntled management that were there long before her) have said enough is enough.
    Other than the initial shock factor, I am not displeased with her moving on, I just hope the Board has learnt from this recruitment and will do a better job next time.
    I couldn't agree more. Putting it plain and simple, shareholders have been milked right from the start to the end. I am sure this has been in the works for many months before today's announcement and she would have negotiated a multi million dollar exit package after engaging top calibre employment lawyers to milk the company to the maximum possible extent. She's done nothing but throw money at additional staff placements and thrown money around like water at extra marketing.
    An unmitigated fiasco from beginning to end.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-12-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine