sharetrader
Page 152 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 521021421481491501511521531541551561622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 23755

According to him also there is a large volume of research nearing completion and about to be published from other sources

Quote Originally Posted by hilskin View Post
    ive been using A2 for about a month and most of the symptoms mentioned above have improved for me.. i thought it was glutten problem but seems like it was milk in my cuppa with lunch...have tried not to read to much into the results but i feel much better......had to go to 3 supermarkets yesterday to find any on the shelves

I think this study is more about the benefits of milk whey rather than the difference in A1 and A2.
    Curtin University researchers have revealed protein fragments from milk could help combat and reduce the risk of developing Australia’s fastest growing chronic disease, type 2 diabetes.

http://news.curtin.edu.au/media-rele...rtin-research/

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    ive been using A2 for about a month and most of the symptoms mentioned above have improved for me.. i thought it was glutten problem but seems like it was milk in my cuppa with lunch...have tried not to read to much into the results but i feel much better......had to go to 3 supermarkets yesterday to find any on the shelves
    I have no problem getting it at Countdown Mt. Wellington and Onehunga, but I do phone first to save a wasted trip. Bought 6 litres last week and gave 4 litres to family to promote it. Have also printed out a few flyers on the health benefits of a2 which I will be giving out to some of my customers in the future. Have a nice day, it is sunny in Auckland today

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy415 View Post
    the A1/A2 debate seems to be hotting up but why is it only keith woodward that seems to get all the limelight.....is he the only one doing research
    It's really just that at one stage he was the only academic to take it seriously. Remember that the two original brains behind A2 Corporation, scientist Corran McLachlan and agricultural investor Howard Patterson, both died unexpectedly around the same time, leaving the whole A2 hypothesis pretty much without a promoter. Woodford was initially a non-believer, buying the Fonterra line that the argujments for A2 were fallacious, but after reading up on it came to the conclusion it "had legs" scientifically. He mastered the complexities of the subject which involve several branches of science, wrote the book on it ("Devil in the Milk") and has kept himself fully up to date on the research since. He is now one of the very few with a sufficiently broad scientific knowledge in areas as diverse as dairy genetics and human medical health to grapple with the subject, and who has the academic independence and professional reputation to take on the might of the mainstream dairy industry without worrying where his next tranche of research funding is going to come from. From reading his book I think he was quite motivated by his disappointment at seeing the power of the Dairy Board/Fonterra and NZ Food Safety Authority being used to shut down any discussion of the A1/A2 issue, an attitude he saw as both scientifically/medically outrageous and commercially suicidal for the industry.

As Harrie has mentioned, there's now a huge amount of research on A1/A2 going on internationally and nothing will stop it. It's establishing the links between A1 and gastrointestinal problems, autism, SIDS, type 2 diabetes, heart disease - you name it. But what it all needs very much is someone like Woodford who can pull it all together, analyse how the pieces correlate, and explain it to medical and health bodies, food safety organisations, nutritional and public health groups, the media, the general public and the farming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I have no problem getting it at Countdown Mt. Wellington and Onehunga, but I do phone first to save a wasted trip. Bought 6 litres last week and gave 4 litres to family to promote it. Have also printed out a few flyers on the health benefits of a2 which I will be giving out to some of my customers in the future. Have a nice day, it is sunny in Auckland today
    its funny but ive never seen anyone promote A2 milk at grass roots level....ive seen wine companies in supermarkets...cheese companies etc all dishing free samples.....maybe Fonterra has too big a grip and A2milk deem it to hard to crack

Fonterra is unlikely to have such a hold over NZ supermarkets that it could prevent an a2 promotion at supermarket level similar to a cheese and wine type promotion. Could you "feel the difference" as they say by one shot of a2 milk...I doubt it, but if it is promoted along side a leaflet handout going through a basic differentiation of facts backed up by current research then the idea has a lot of merit.
    I could see a good angle in the UK: "Do you consider that you are lactose intolerant? It could just be the type of milk you were drinking. Try a2 milk" ....or something along those lines.
    A2 want to promote initially to the captive 20% of the market that consider that they are lactose intolerant, but may have that view based on how the a1 protein may have reacted with them rather than the lactose element itself.

Mr Mair 'blind' to recent purchases

Does seem strange this fund seems to invest a lot in a couple of companies he is a director in. Maybe the mandate is simply 'just invest in what David is involved in'

http://www.nbr.co.nz/article/forte-f...mair-bd-161795

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Has anybody done any figures as to how big ATM needs to get before they're self sustaining in the industry in that even IF A2 turned out to be a myth, they were big enough to just compete as a normal supplier anyway?