sharetrader
    Advanced Member

It is great to be cautious when investing and take on both sides of the argument. Having said that. Time and time again we have heard from the media about the headwind A2 will be facing, I call cry wolf. Some including myself are deaf to criticism about ATM and I am not concerned yet about the talk about others hopping into the A2 market. I am keeping an eye on these lower margins they speak of, but for now take it with a grain of salt.

The company mentioned a few years back that they loved the idea that more competitors were to become A2 milk producers. It supported their claims for the benefits of A2 protein milk even stronger. So until the figures prove otherwise, I will keep holding

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Have you factored in $30+ for each buy and each sell and taxation (for trading) and how does that compare with more sophisticated strategies such as buy & hold?
    Buy and hold is not a job like trading is so brokerage is just like any normal business expense. PS-If I put up how much brokerage I paid last year I might cause a few heart attacks to occur. Lol

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

For the benefit of the 'mine is bigger than yours' brigade:

Any form of investing/trading is as much a ''job' as any other and brokerage is an expense for all who pay it.
    The different tax treatments of different approaches to making money through shares is immaterial.

All that really matters is that you are happy with your returns.

I wish you all Many Happy Returns.
    om mani peme hum

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    For the benefit of the 'mine is bigger than yours' brigade:

Any form of investing/trading is as much a ''job' as any other and brokerage is an expense for all who pay it.
    The different tax treatments of different approaches to making money through shares is immaterial.

All that really matters is that you are happy with your returns.

I wish you all Many Happy Returns.
    Who cares who's is bigger, I certainly dont ,but re investing versus trading, I dont know many investors who spend all day on the market every day it is open. Agree about the happy with your returns bit though.

I also spent quite a lot on commissions last year but tbh I made it back and I wouldn't have made it back if I didn't employ regular decision making and changes based on fundamentals ASAP.
    I think ignoring commissions to make changes as necessary can be a decent approach as long as you don't panic sell or buy regularly.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    I also spent quite a lot on commissions last year but tbh I made it back and I wouldn't have made it back if I didn't employ regular decision making and changes based on fundamentals ASAP.
    I think ignoring commissions to make changes as necessary can be a decent approach as long as you don't panic sell or buy regularly.
    At the end of the day if your profit is more than your brokerage then you are in the money, the extent by which you are in the money is determined by numerous factors some of which are outside of your control so investing and trading are the same in that respect.
    Last edited by couta1; 19-01-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Article from the Herald. That already said it all.

Its more reliable sticking to fundamentals that doom theories

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    Article from the Herald. That already said it all.
    The article is actually quite well thought out.
    A2 will become a commodity - it is a matter of when not if.
    It is the when that counts and we are not there yet.
    So ride it now but keep an eye on the changing environment.
    Only a fool would think that the market won't change with time.