sharetrader
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Splashing a bit more of that cash pile around, ultimately a great marketing tool.
    Agree Couta. While not a supporter of companies splashing money around I think in this case ATM has done the right thing

Jayne/Geoffrey might have moved the market the day they said Jayne was sacked

Still about the same price as a day or two after that announcement

Maybe market doesn’t think Geoffrey is the man even though it’s a caretaker role.

Board says they like Jaynes strategy and will stick with it ...yeah right

A year or so in limbo until the new CEO comes up with a new strategy is not a good place to be for a growth company

I think we’re in for a couple of disappointing years.

The H1 will be OK because that’s Jaynes doing and we already know the answer - H2 will be telling
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Jayne/Geoffrey might have moved the market the day they said Jayne was sacked

Still about the same price as a day or two after that announcement

Maybe market doesn’t think Geoffrey is the man even though it’s a caretaker role.

Board says they like Jaynes strategy and will stick with it ...yeah right

A year or so in limbo until the new CEO comes up with a new strategy is not a good place to be for a growth company

I think we’re in for a couple of disappointing years.

The H1 will be OK because that’s Jaynes doing and we already know the answer - H2 will be telling
    Looks like China's GDP is going to take a big hit from the measures taken to contain the coronavirus.

What do people do when they have to tighten their belts?

First thing they do is to cut down on non-essentials (ATM is okay here as it is an essential) but second thing they do is to substitute premium products for cheaper products.

ATM could feel the impact badly under the second scenario.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    hammer time monday
    Doesnt worry me, I've had many XXOS sized red arrows over the years with this company and have still made a lot of profit at the end of the day, sure I would have liked to have obtained my latest holding at a cheaper price but nothing is certain and the future isnt always knowable. One thing I do know is no shorters/downrampers/doom and gloom merchants or the like will get one of my many shares.
    Last edited by couta1; 01-02-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Oneday shorters will get burn like Tesla's shorters

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Looks like China's GDP is going to take a big hit from the measures taken to contain the coronavirus.

What do people do when they have to tighten their belts?

First thing they do is to cut down on non-essentials (ATM is okay here as it is an essential) but second thing they do is to substitute premium products for cheaper products.

ATM could feel the impact badly under the second scenario.
    substituting premium product only for those with financial constraints. Others will be panic buying and guarantee all stock on the shelves will be snapped up. Daigou shoppers will be working overtime as people will be prepared to pay a premium.

Also the saving grace for A2 is their product has a good shelf life, it will be the more perishable products that have trouble. We are seeing that already with crayfish, meat products and I guess that the fruit will have a few set backs as well.

Manuka honey might do well too with it's claimed anti-bacterial properties. One thing for sure we will learn a lot about human behaviour in the coming weeks and months.

With the incubation period of the coronavirus, some folk in China may wish to buy a milk product for their young and vulnerable, that hasn't been packed by people in China. Of course, how the people in China may react is random to me.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Belle View Post
    substituting premium product only for those with financial constraints. Others will be panic buying and guarantee all stock on the shelves will be snapped up. Daigou shoppers will be working overtime as people will be prepared to pay a premium.

Also the saving grace for A2 is their product has a good shelf life, it will be the more perishable products that have trouble. We are seeing that already with crayfish, meat products and I guess that the fruit will have a few set backs as well.

Manuka honey might do well too with it's claimed anti-bacterial properties. One thing for sure we will learn a lot about human behaviour in the coming weeks and months.

Just a reminder coronavirus is a virus not a bacterial infection, so Manuka honeys antibacterial properties wouldn’t make the slightest difference.

Any idea who sold/bought the 400,000 shares at close on Friday?
    Another short play coming up next week ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Just a reminder coronavirus is a virus not a bacterial infection, so Manuka honeys antibacterial properties wouldn’t make the slightest difference.
    All in the perception - supermarkets in some parts of Auckland have run out of dettol because of the perception that it kills coronavirus!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12305141

Then, there's the run on face masks globally even though face masks are really only effective at keeping the virus in when a person is already infected.