sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    Looking good for a high start in the SP tomorrow. Currently nz share price will increase roughly 60 cents
    That'd be a nice change of pace wouldn't it? We'll see how it goes after lunch in Oz. So far, so good ...
    Last edited by Oberon; 06-02-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Hey folks, while we see a good rally for ATM share price over recent months, what about SML? Seems it's share price just going downward step by step. What will be the impact on ATM, or is it market implying for something? Thanks!!

Disc. Holding ATM, no longer SML.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    Hey folks, while we see a good rally for ATM share price over recent months, what about SML? Seems it's share price just going downward step by step. What will be the impact on ATM, or is it market implying for something? Thanks!!

Disc. Holding ATM, no longer SML.
    I have wondered at these prices whether ATM don’t increase their holding a tiny bit (within takeover ruling) or buy up large capital raise and take over SML entirely

I have wondered at these prices whether ATM don’t increase their holding a tiny bit (within takeover ruling) or buy up large capital raise and take over SML entirely
    I don't think it's necessary for ATM to take over SML entirely, as they have already got enough shares to have the say in the boardroom. ATM can keep squeezing the margin from SML at the current status, as they are SML's biggest customer, and SML do need the business from ATM. Increasing their holding is subject to debate too, but as a small investor, SML SP do looks interesting, despite all those management issues and legal cases that opt to be sorted.

I just keep scratching my head that why it's share price is so weak, only reason that I could come up is the market is casting a vote of no confidence in their management. But despite these, not any major bad news to the whole dairy sector, as well as the latest dairy auction also didn't show any sign of weakness.

I don’t think it’s a good idea for a marketing company with a high return on capital to buy a capital intensive (commodity) producer with lower returns.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

But there has been an impact on prices, according to this article, 44Wishlists.

https://www.odt.co.nz/rural-life/dai...be-short-lived

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post

I just keep scratching my head that why it's SML share price is so weak, only reason that I could come up is the market is casting a vote of no confidence in their management. But despite these, not any major bad news to the whole dairy sector, as well as the latest dairy auction also didn't show any sign of weakness.
    44wishlists - have you considered that the market is beginning to think that SML is still way overvalued. Look at its PE and PB ratios they still have even though are a capital intensive producer,

Just because $8.25 looks really cheap compared to highs of $13 odd doesn’t mean it’s cheap

Those outrageous high prices were totally irrational - probably driven by the milk mania

I see SML share price to weaken further.
    Last edited by winner69; 06-02-2020 at 04:23 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I think it may be something to do with with Pokeno factory.

Banned

Running hard on the ASX today, you cant keep a good thing down for too long, only 3 weeks till results day, bring it on.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Running hard on the ASX today, you cant keep a good thing down for too long, only 3 weeks till results day, bring it on.
    Nice, A$14.90 close x 1.04 = NZ$15.50 or $0.87 up from yesterdays close $14.63