sharetrader

Pretty sure dramatically increasing the stake in SML at vastly higher than the current market price was another one of Herdlicka's "brilliant" decisions.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Pretty sure dramatically increasing the stake in SML at vastly higher than the current market price was another one of Herdlicka's "brilliant" decisions.
    Respect your posts Beagle, but my recollection differs. IMHO the bulk of A2's purchase of SML was under GB's reign at an average SP well below today???
    JH's purchase about 8% and not exactly dramatic.

Not that it matters who did what. I've Just been checking Hot Copper and note Citi Group has apparently upgraded their A2 recommendation from 'Sell to Buy' with SP price target of $A17.45

In addition this post by Truthfulworld updates us on today's conference call by SML

"Just finished listening to Synlait conference call. Not much new info except to say they were very reassuring around continuing growth in a2 sales with comments as follows:

A2 strong growth continuing and not changed from expectations

very excited about a2 and continuing to tract well

see a2 continuing to grow market share as further reduction in players and market consolidates

Seems Synlait is now reliant on a2 if it wasn’t already!"
    Last edited by Leftfield; 13-02-2020 at 01:04 PM.

a2 tanking now china just reported 242 deaths today a massive jump. a2 is now the way to play daily death updates each day
    Last edited by bull....; 13-02-2020 at 01:02 PM.
    one step ahead of the herd

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    a2 tanking now china just reported 242 deaths today a massive jump. a2 is now the way to play daily death updates each day
    Buy the reaction not the news.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Buy the reaction not the news.
    if we get 300 deaths tomorrow a2 will be under $15 so is how a2 will playout now as a barometer of daily deaths. obviously becuase if it gets worse there is no way a2 will not be impacted

Banned

if we get 300 deaths tomorrow a2 will be under $15 so is how a2 will playout now as a barometer of daily deaths. obviously becuase if it gets worse there is no way a2 will not be impacted
    With the result not far away and no concrete known effect on anything A2 any dips will be short lived.

With the result not far away and no concrete known effect on anything A2 any dips will be short lived.
    i really hope so because that means the virus is going away. anyway i think the bounce if there is one on results will be short lived esp if the virus is getting worse as investors will look forward

A little bit of Bull balancer...................

If we only get 100 deaths tomorrow a2 will be over $16..........

I see Citi upgraded due to the Coronvirus.

From HC

"Citi has decided it's time for a double-whammy upgrade; to Buy from Sell. The move is explained by the fact Citi analysts now see upside to forecasts for H2 on the back of the coronavirus outbreak. They note their ebitda forecast for FY20 sits 17% above market consensus presently.Evidence, albeit anecdotal, that consumers have begun stockpiling essential items, including infant formula, underpins Citi's positive view. While this essentially pulls forward future sales, the analysts are not deterred and anticipate positive impact short-term."

I've haven't found stage 3 anywhere and notice all other stages are almost sold at at Countdown and Chemist warehouse in the CBD. Lots of demand and A2's multi-channels should help getting stock into China. I've also noticed the Facebook likes are growing rapidly on the USA page, everything looking rosy for A2 milk.

Banned

As I was saying and we may get another dip tomorrow with your garden variety friday profit takers having a play as they often do.