sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Current run is seriously insane...
    Its the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Nice times for holders.

Can't help reflecting that it wasn't so long ago that some notable posters on ShareTrader were advocating selling out of shares and sitting tight on their piles of cash/bonds/managed funds etc (Gold was even mentioned.)

Way back in the 1987 crash I cashed out and didn't touch shares again for years. In these Covid times I changed strategies and chose to ride out the covid storm

Sure we may be in the midst of a DCB, sure it is early days, however IMHO time's like this (low interest rates etc) is the time to stay invested because where else can we beat inflation. It is much wiser (in sailing terms) to to trim your sails (get rid of non performing or risky shares) and follow where the winds and tides lead. Those who cashed up are still sitting in port, while those who sailed on and are riding the storm (albeit with trimmed sails) and are heading to some very lucrative ports.

Those same people were clearly buying while still telling people to sell too which I find quite hilarious, everyone likes to look like a genius

Guru

I'm waiting for a dip after getting shaken out a few weeks ago....

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I'm waiting for a dip after getting shaken out a few weeks ago....
    Watch this space when Geoffrey Babidge announce a new CEO in a few months. Be patient with this.
    I sold A2M and loaded RYM 2 weeks ago for $7.20 , it is now $12.50 .

Last edited by tomm; 16-04-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Watch this space when Geoffrey Babidge announce a new CEO in a few months.
    Really?? What evidence have you that Geoff is standing down any time soon?

IMHO it is all 'Business as Usual' for ATM and it is extremely unlikely that ATM will repeat the mistakes made with their last CEO hire/fire. Happy to place my faith in the Board to get it right (and sort of hope that Peter Nathan gets the nod.)

Anecdotal news of ATM getting to 8% - 9% in the Chinese IF market is incredible. Shorts have all but disappeared.
    Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 1.39.12 PM.jpg

Good times for holders!!
    Last edited by Leftfield; 16-04-2020 at 01:44 PM.

At the start of all this COVID business who would have thought that ATM was the new safe haven. It is one of few stocks that have gone up and by quite a bit.
    Doesnt matter that the DOW has had some huge down days, ATM seems to plough on.
    Massive run....
    Will chinese consumers be even more astute as to the origin of their food and food safety after all this, I tend to think so.

Investor

Looks like a big short squeeze at close on ASX pushed A2M to finish right on A$ 19 which just over NZ$ 20. BOOM TIME

Risk Manager for FTX

Trimmed about 20% of what I had at just over $19, with the intention to buy lower. However at the rate this is taking off I am hesitant to sell any more unless we get around $21-$22.

Market clearly knows something we don't, or maybe just realising that with anything exposed to the financial sector, land/house values or tourism is screwed for awhile, there is very few financially strong growth companies selling essential goods left.

So we're back at a forward PE ratio of over 40, A2 must really be killing it in China but how much of those IF sales are pulled forward? It's a great company with a promising future but I just can't see it being worth more than $14B, now firmly inside the top 25 ASX stocks on valuation. My portfolio is heavily weighted in these shares but I'll be letting a lot go tomorrow morning if someone is prepared to pay me $20 each for them.

Outside thinking.

Looks like a big short squeeze at close on ASX pushed A2M to finish right on A$ 19 which just over NZ$ 20. BOOM TIME
    I hope Couta is smiling.......somewhere.
    Well done all holders!
    Allfromacell.....(nothing personal but your name is a bit too reminiscent of Covid for my liking. lol.) You say a forward PE of 40 plus is excessive..... and you may well be right.
    However how do you justify FPH PE over 70 and XRO's about 5,000!! Strange times. Makes ATM seem almost modest.