sharetrader

I'd say good on him. I would do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not privy to his personal financial situation and I wouldn't begrudge him for selling his shares at ripe age of 64 or so....we all do the same only difference being scale of quantity, that's it.
    I 100% would have done the same thing especially taking his age into consideration and the current macro economic situation

Quote Originally Posted by Cadalac123 View Post
    I 100% would have done the same thing especially taking his age into consideration and the current macro economic situation
    To be fair he still has 1.305M shares @ circa $20 - $26M not bad to keep in just one stock!

Outside thinking.

Stats for NZ exports in March 2020 out. See comment here.

Export values of dairy products (up $106 million or 7.6 percent) and meat (up $102 million or 11 percent) also contributed to the total rise in March 2020. These increases in values were led by:

• milk powder (up $132 million)
    • sheep meat (up $62 million)
    • beef (up $49 million).

Compared with March 2019, unit prices were up for:

• milk powder (up 33 percent)
    • sheep meat (up 9.0 percent)
    • beef (up 10 percent).

Investor

Strong finish on both sides of the ditch, almost up a dollar from day's low. Pretty resilient performance on otherwise bearish day and shorts now below 4% at 3.91% with about further 28.8ml shares to cover.

Outside thinking.

Over in HC, poster Smuglex notes that Motley Fool consider ATM a BUY at current levels in the expectation that ATM will be included in the ASX top 10 within 10yrs.

"That means looking at the bottom of ASX top ten ladder we would need to grow to a MC of $70b Aus which equals a share price of over $70."

Ssooo if ATM makes the ASX in 5yrs that's a SP gain from current levels of about 70%pa
    A more conservative 10 yrs still means a gain if 35%pa.

Food for thought.....particularly for those considering an investment at current levels.

Disc - Holding.
    Last edited by Leftfield; 14-05-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Over in HC, poster Smuglex notes that Motley Fool consider ATM a BUY at current levels in the expectation that ATM will be included in the ASX top 10 within 10yrs.

"That means looking at the bottom of ASX top ten ladder we would need to grow to a MC of $70b Aus which equals a share price of over $70."

Ssooo if ATM makes the ASX in 5yrs that's a SP gain from current levels of about 70%pa

Food for thought.....particularly for those considering an investment at current levels.

Disc - Holding.
    Not sure about your compounding maths there - I make it around 14% per annum to move from 19.5 to 70 over ten years. 29% over 5 years.

But still, as a holder I'd be quite content with that.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Not sure about your compounding maths there - I make it around 14% per annum to move from 19.5 to 70 over ten years. 29% over 5 years.
    But still, as a holder I'd be quite content with that.
    Good on you! Always good to question my maths (and brokers recommendations.)

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post

Disc - Holding.
    I hold but I have to say that is some of the worst reasoning I have ever heard.

They think ATM will be in the ASX top 10 in 10 years, what is this based on? Then based on this arbitrary assumption, the MC in 10 years and SP growth rate have been back calculated.

Seems like the opposite of how one should go about valuing a business.

Unfortunately another (albeit small) infant formula scandal in Hunan province.

Authorities in the central Chinese province of Hunan are investigating a baby products shop after at least five infants developed swollen heads allegedly from drinking fake milk formula sold by the store.
    Reinforces the value proposition of foreign imported formula.