sharetrader

Just read the article involving jonathan snape and it sounds like complete hogwash he has zero idea whats going on.

maybe hes trying to compete with Sam Teager for quality contribution

Investor

Per few posters updates on HC, looks like A2 had absolutely smashed on recent 618 (18th June) festival on JD.com website.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by suse View Post
    How many of you are new millionaires (on paper at least) as a result of hanging on to stock you bought early.

I sort of regret getting out at 10 but I was a late starter to the party and needed some money out. . If they had paid dividends I probably would have hung around. Nonetheless I congratulate you all for your dogged belief.
    I only have about a third of my original holding now. Otherwise it would have comprised over 50% of my financial assets. It has been a good hedge against the Covid measures.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 22-06-2020 at 09:18 AM.

That article / rumour has been sitting at the back of my mind getting chewed over and I now think there could be the possibility of some kind of capital injection from A2 related to synlaits court case and potential need to settle outside court as I’m sure a big disruption to the large increase in imf supply in Waikato would not suit A2.

overall I hope its just a rumour and comes to nothing

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    That article / rumour has been sitting at the back of my mind getting chewed over and I now think there could be the possibility of some kind of capital injection from A2 related to synlaits court case and potential need to settle outside court as I’m sure a big disruption to the large increase in imf supply in Waikato would not suit A2.

overall I hope its just a rumour and comes to nothing
    How is this for another rumour going round in Aus media...

THE A2 MILK COMPANY IS BELIEVED TO BE POSITIONING ITSELF TO CAPITALISE ON ITS BUOYANT SHARE PRICE, WITH THE BUSINESS UNDERSTOOD TO BE ONE OF THE FINAL CONTENDERS IN THE COMPETITION TO BUY THE $NZ400M ($375M) MATAURA VALLEY MILK COMPANY IN NEW ZEALAND.

IT IS BELIEVED A2 IS ONE OF ONLY A HANDFUL OF PARTIES IN THE MIX FOR THE ASSET, WITH SOME QUESTIONING WHETHER THE $14BN GROUP COULD BE THE STRONGEST CONTENDER.
    MATAURA VALLEY MILK, BASED ON THE SOUTH ISLAND, WAS PUT UP FOR SALE THROUGH MACQUARIE CAPITAL, WITH AN INFORMATION MEMORANDUM CIRCULATING IN THE MARKET.
    THE COMPANY IS MAJORITY OWNED BY CHINA ANIMAL HUSBANDRY GROUP AND NEW ZEALAND COMPANY BODCO DAIRY.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    How is this for another rumour going round in Aus media...

THE A2 MILK COMPANY IS BELIEVED TO BE POSITIONING ITSELF TO CAPITALISE ON ITS BUOYANT SHARE PRICE, WITH THE BUSINESS UNDERSTOOD TO BE ONE OF THE FINAL CONTENDERS IN THE COMPETITION TO BUY THE $NZ400M ($375M) MATAURA VALLEY MILK COMPANY IN NEW ZEALAND.

IT IS BELIEVED A2 IS ONE OF ONLY A HANDFUL OF PARTIES IN THE MIX FOR THE ASSET, WITH SOME QUESTIONING WHETHER THE $14BN GROUP COULD BE THE STRONGEST CONTENDER.
    MATAURA VALLEY MILK, BASED ON THE SOUTH ISLAND, WAS PUT UP FOR SALE THROUGH MACQUARIE CAPITAL, WITH AN INFORMATION MEMORANDUM CIRCULATING IN THE MARKET.
    THE COMPANY IS MAJORITY OWNED BY CHINA ANIMAL HUSBANDRY GROUP AND NEW ZEALAND COMPANY BODCO DAIRY.
    This would be a pretty reasonable rumour... either buy the plant, buy the supply, or both....

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by kiwidollabill View Post
    This would be a pretty reasonable rumour... either buy the plant, buy the supply, or both....
    My thinking too going by their website info relating to certifications which fits with A2's strategy..

https://mataura.com/products/

Quality
    registrations

New Zealand Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI)

China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA)

United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA)
    specifically 21-CFR-106

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    My thinking too going by their website info relating to certifications which fits with A2's strategy..

https://mataura.com/products/

Quality
    registrations

New Zealand Ministry of Primary Industries (MPI)

China Food and Drug Administration (CFDA)

United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA)
    specifically 21-CFR-106

thanks SB9 and Joshuatree for the quality posts. Certainly much food for thought!

Mataura looks like a very good prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    thanks SB9 and Joshuatree for the quality posts. Certainly much food for thought!

Mataura looks like a very good prospect.
    Mataura is probably one of the most efficient plants in the world, built mainly just to make IF (only base powder at the moment) it runs with only a handful of staff...