sharetrader
Page 166 of 2376 FirstFirst ... 661161561621631641651661671681691701762162666661166 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 23756

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Very very good news. Look what has happened in Australia. They have 9% of the market in Oz by value so the big boys started an anti A2 campaign. The fact they have started this in the UK means they are seriously worried about a2s potential.
    Great news.
    Maybe too optimistic.

I reckon that it would not cost much for ATM to advertise and pay for those in the UK who believe that they either dairy intolerant or milk intolerant to be part of a proffessionally controlled study on the effects of A1 and A2 Milk. 500 pounds per person would be cheap advertising over say 200 people or a sample size that is statistically relevant.
    Admittedly some probably are dairy or lactose intolerant so A2 will not benefit that group at all, but lets say 80% of the group reported tolerance to A2 and intolerant to A1 which is what snapiti found with his mate.Thats around 16% of the total market in the UK which is the market that ATM is after. Does not need any additional scientific proof, does not need to measure stool consistancy or any other measure. Definitive proof. The next step is to prove other health benefits to the milk tolerant market.

DISC buying more

Quote Originally Posted by Master98 View Post
    Maybe too optimistic.
    elaborate plz Master.....you obviously dont have an intolerance to milk.....im one of those guys that if i can buy a beer for a $1 why the hell pay $2 yet im prepared to pay $5 for milk when i can buy normal milk for $3...for me A2 seems to work...I love custard and icecream but it never really liked me....i,d be keen to try A2 icecream if i could just to seethe results

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Very very good news. Look what has happened in Australia. They have 9% of the market in Oz by value so the big boys started an anti A2 campaign. The fact they have started this in the UK means they are seriously worried about a2s potential.
    Great news.
    I think it might be 10% market now in Aussi. Just got back from Home Show and out of 12 stall holders I talked to, only one had heard of a2 milk, and all of them are going to give it a go, and 40% of them said they were big milk drinkers. So I told them to spread the word and tell all your family and friends.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Maybe too optimistic.
    Maybe. But would they spend money bagging something that wasn't a serious threat? No way. Therefore they must view it as a serious threat. That is good news. Just my opinion anyway.

Advanced Member

Pleased i sold out last month. Just returned from eight weeks in Cornwall,and despite looking in Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Liddle and Aldi didnt see a single a2 product.

http://www.thecattlesite.com/news/46...-a2-milk-study

DairyUK start attacking A2 milk, bad or good for A2 UK business?
    I wouldn't be too worried about this complaint by DairyUK. It's in response to an article in the Daily Express, a popular paper with huge circulation, which explained the A2 issue rather well, and I doubt if DairyUK's negativity would really have much impact on readers. Here's the Express piece:

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...auses-bloating

I'm sure DairyUK is getting a bit jumpy but we'll see how the debate pans out. DairyUK should see A2 as part of its industry, not an enemy of it, and realise that A2 is offering a solution to quite a lot of people who currently can't drink milk and have therefore opted for dairy-free alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Pleased i sold out last month. Just returned from eight weeks in Cornwall,and despite looking in Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys, Liddle and Aldi didnt see a single a2 product.
    You did not see but did you enquire about it in the relevent outlets ?

NT's article appears to suggest that only 5% of those who consider themselves dairy intolerent are in fact actually only lactose intolerent. That relates to a potential consumer base for A2 of around 19% of the UK market!
    Surely incentivising those who believe they are dairy intolerent to be part of a simple study analizing the effects of consuming A1 and A2 milk varients would put to bed all the speculation and nay saying or is that too simplistic?

percy

Quote Originally Posted by KW View Post
    That's because its only available in the South East of England (ie. greater London area).
    This is dreadful news.
    This must mean Devonshire teas in Devon are made from A1 milk?