sharetrader
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    I wasn't really paying attention lately - what were the consensus numbers?
    According to market screener (with consensus estimates last updated on 17th August 2020)
    Net sales: $1.75b (actual: $1.73b)
    EBITDA: $557m (actual $549.7m)
    Net income: $387m (actual $385.8m) - apologies, I read on post #16514 in this thread the consensus was for $390m, but it is $387m according to marketscreener
    Pre-Tax Profit: $560m (actual $551.1m)
    EPS: 52c (actual 52.4c)

So yes - actually a slight miss on some key metrics - and I certainly never said they weren't outstanding results - but outstanding results is the minimum expected from a company with a PE of over 40, and hence if they are actually below consensus, well, in my view, they are slightly disappointing, but the story is still very strong and it is a great company.
    Apologies if this got anybody excited, I was really only just trying to point out a few facts.

(reference: https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...22/financials/ - note they might updated 2020 to no longer be an estimate, I have a screenshot of the estimate if this does happen and people don't believe my above numbers)
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 19-08-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Very happy holder here... as usual I just wish I’d bought more...

Quote Originally Posted by trader_jackson View Post
    According to market screener (with consensus estimates last updated on 17th August 2020)
    Net sales: $1.75b (actual: $1.73b)
    EBITDA: $557m (actual $549.7m)
    Net income: $387m (actual $385.8m) - apologies, I read on post #16514 in this thread the consensus was for $390m, but it is $387m according to marketscreener
    Pre-Tax Profit: $560m (actual $551.1m)
    EPS: 52c (actual 52.4c)

So yes - actually a slight miss on some key metrics - and I certainly never said they weren't outstanding results - but outstanding results is the minimum expected from a company with a PE of over 40, and hence if they are actually below consensus, well, in my view, they are slightly disappointing, but the story is still very strong and it is a great company.
    Apologies if this got anybody excited, I was really only just trying to point out a few facts.

(reference: https://www.marketscreener.com/quote...22/financials/ - note they might updated 2020 to no longer be an estimate, I have a screenshot of the estimate if this does happen and people don't believe my above numbers)
    Lets the market react as we are already a long term holder of this.

CEO, NZ Shareholders Association

In context, seems excellent to me. Agree with trader_jackson that it is actually a very slight 'miss' on consensus, although the NPAT figure was slightly above my own forecasts, with the revenue being slightly below. But in context of everything else going on, very solid. LOVE the US result - that was a compelling enough reason for me to hang on over the last couple of years, and I still see that as driving plenty of future growth (even in a Covid environment).

Advanced Member

A quick check-up from some articles suggest that the result was in line with expectations. If they'd reported "missed" I could have seen some sell-off today. It looks like a solid "HOLD" signal to me at the moment.

I predict I, along with many others, will be buying a bit more today.

Who really knows how long Covid will last, and here we have a covid proof business at a large scale.

Take my money.

$854.2m in cash sitting in the bank!
    Down Jones is up a record high also.
    Last edited by tomm; 19-08-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Looks like tons selling down this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Hello123 View Post
    Looks like tons selling down this morning?
    Only small parcels ,NZ's reaction as usual
    I will buy more , love the NZ's reaction.
    Last edited by tomm; 19-08-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Guru

3% drop on opening, not what I expected !!