sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Ted2 View Post
    I'm in the top 100 with you Couta but somehow I don't feel as though I have any power to shift the dial!
    Well, you would need to use the dial to change the SP! Just holding does not change it, you either need to buy more or sell them :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Your day attempting to troll this thread has ended pretty pathetically when you are reduced to claiming that something from the Moose is 'well thought through'.

Really?
    Hmm - with all due respect for the reincarnated paper tiger, I think this attack against Moosie and Beagle was uncalled for.

Still axes to grind before reaching your final stage of reincarnation? Try meditation ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

bollingers need a stretch on the hourlies , looks good for a big drop to 17 ... hopefully
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Sometimes better to be behind when the herd goes over the cliff
    Well played sir. Lol

Advanced Member

Compared to what?
    In the current environment, shouldn't we be recalibrating expected annual earnings growth across all companies?
    Many companies are/will be struggling to make any headway & virtually just treading water is regarded as some kind of achievement.
    If ATM's annual growth stays anywhere near 30% let alone increase, I'ld be quite happy.

Just to add, my high flying Chinese neighbour recently commented, people here really can't comprehend the size of the Chinese market, it is massive & NZ products have a good reputation. ATM have hardly dented the market, go for it.
    DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    my high flying Chinese neighbour recently commented, people here really can't comprehend the size of the Chinese market, it is massive & NZ products have a good reputation. ATM have hardly dented the market, go for it.
    Your neighbour is so correct about market been huge as I lived there for short period. Great experience for this Kiwi Kid who took his desktop computer to connect to outside world. Learnt new hand communication skills as unable to speak a word of Chinese but survived for 6 months.

Did lose about 9 kilos

Simply Wall St website says on the 27th of August, CEO Peter Nathan sold 750,000 ATM shares for $20.15 while on the same day Chairman David Hearn sold a mere 250,000, just before these shares dropped 10%. I assume this is accurate information. Does this indicate that these gentlemen knew that ATM had reached its peak price?

Or were they just selling a small number of the total ATM shares they own in order to buy dirt-cheap SML shares?
    Last edited by Jiggs; 16-09-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Directors have sold large amounts regularly in the past and it never indicated it's peak price then? Anyway, hope you're wrong as I got back in yesterday after a hiatus since the march crash! Hoping that it's bottomed out a bit now but prepared to hold long term regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by mfd View Post
    Of course growth with slow from the early incredible numbers. An interesting figure in the latest results, their Australian fresh milk sales grew at 14.1%. This is faster growth than recent years, in their most mature market. Incredible result. I would be very surprised if the next few years EPS growth only just match the current growth of their most mature market.

Fully agree not to overextend into a moderately risky company, especially if China gets any more difficult to deal with. But as a little chunk of my portfolio, I'm very happy to stay invested.
    Nicely said and I appreciate others who made a genuine effort to answer the question as well. At somewhere around the current price being mindful of their current cash position, (worth just over $1 a share) there is a case to be made for this one as part of a well diversified portfolio. I am content to wait for TA to confirm an entry point as TA currently looks quite discouraging. (Breakdown of the 100 day MA in the past 5 years has been a reliable indicator of the best time to be out).
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-09-2020 at 01:49 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I am content to wait for TA to confirm an entry point as TA currently looks quite discouraging. (Breakdown of the 100 day MA in the past 5 years has been a reliable indicator of the best time to be out).
    Speaking to the TA, 100MA leaves about $1.70 on the table if it recovered to there today, the 100MA is declining though. ATM has found three supports in confluence, the horizontal support from July 2019 high, the 200MA, and the 0.382 FIB retrace. The last 5 days ATM probed below the 200MA and closed on or above it. RSI has also turned up as has the MACD crossing up and the histogram crossing up through zero.

Despite ATM having previously gone well below the 200MA, at present notwithstanding some external shock, it looks to have price support which could turn into another up leg. This is not advice, just an observation for anyone who takes TA into account and see's the downside risk as less than the upside opportunity.