“ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A couple of big gaps on the chart recent

Down ones as well,..not good
    What level is your buy order?

Guru

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...ers-on-the-nzx

In the weekend just gone it was mentioned that covid-19 had negligible direct impact on A2 Milk... I suppose its is well and truly old news and nothing but wishful hoping... it is pretty obvious there is a substantial impact on A2 Milk from covid 19 after all, and not a positive one.

Maybe when it gets around the $13 mark within the next few weeks (possibly days) I could be tempted.
    Last edited by trader_jackson; 28-09-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Yeah i agree with most in this and decided to sell and wait to come back in.
    Will see how the ASX goes (probably massive sell offs)

Guru

To me, this announcement does smell a bit. Mgmt and directors selling out, and at FY20 results less than 6 weeks ago saying: "overall for FY21, we anticipate continued strong revenue growthsupported by our continued investment in marketing and organisational capability".

Now they blame it all on September sales, and extrapolate that into a revenue forecast lower than the prior H1, but then forecast a strong H2 21, to confirm what they said 6 weeks ago. But they couldn't see what was coming in September back in August??

Guru

Look for the rebound heading into the 1pm ASX open. How many of you calling for it to fall further have filled your boots in the last hour?

Damn wish I had extra $ to spend on his "fire sale" ... oh well ...

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Fair enough Gents and a good robust debate. At the end of the day everyone has to find their own pathway that works for them.

I posted today as a way of contributing and asking has the fast growth story run its course ? I think it is a question well worth putting out there because clearly the analysts are projecting out much slower growth rates going forward than what ATM has enjoyed in the past and ATM shareholders are shortly to again lose the wonderful and incredibly valuable expertise of Geoff Babbage. How the new guy will go is clearly a risk, just as it was when Herdlicka came on board.

For what its worth, my story is I have also done very well out of ATM..I rode it up for a few years and sold out most of my holding in March 2018 at just under $13. Before this I trimmed some along the way and I am sure others made a lot more from ATM than I did and good for them.
    Since late March 2018 by my calculations ATM has increased in price by 39.5%.
    In very late March 2018 the NZX All Gross Index was 9060 and is now 12,820 so is up 41.5% over that same timeframe.

I think ATM's slight underperformance of the NZX all gross index over that timeframe adds some validity to the merit of my question today pondering whether the good times have ended and I guess the question I am posing is really one that asks whether ATM is now a mature company with much more modest growth rates going forward ? Will we get market outperformance going ahead after slightly underperforming the market since March 2018 ? That's the $64,000 question, (so too speak), or for some people, quite considerably more
    Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    To me, this announcement does smell a bit. Mgmt and directors selling out, and at FY20 results less than 6 weeks ago saying: "overall for FY21, we anticipate continued strong revenue growthsupported by our continued investment in marketing and organisational capability".

Now they blame it all on September sales, and extrapolate that into a revenue forecast lower than the prior H1, but then forecast a strong H2 21, to confirm what they said 6 weeks ago. But they couldn't see what was coming in September back in August??
    From 9th September...one of many posts along similar lines.
    I posed the question. The clues were there if you went sniffing for them but I basically got shouted out of this thread as a troll when all I was doing was warning of possible trouble ahead. Of course, as expected, nobody ever thanks you for being right when you are a portender of trouble coming. I was just trying to help but the zealots didn't want a bar of it.

Emotional attachment to a stock because its been very kind to you in the past can be a dangerous thing. No room for "attachment issues" with investing as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-09-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    From earlier in September.
    I posed the question. The clues were there if you went sniffing for them but I basically got shouted out of this thread as a troll when all i was doing was warning of possible trouble ahead. Of course, as expected, nobody ever thanks you for being right when you are a portender of trouble coming. I was just trying to help but the zealots didn't want a bar of it.
    Have you been trying to help by buying their shares sub $16 this morning Beagle?