sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I wouldn't worry the executive team still own more shares than we could ever dream of owning.
    Not really up to execs to explain why and how the market behaves in funny ways.

They tell the story about how the company is doing ...the market decides what its worth.

Only need to tell the ‘story’ in a reasonably truthful way ...without stretching the imagination and telling porkies.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

They tell the story about how the company is doing ...the market decides what its worth.

Only need to tell the ‘story’ in a reasonably truthful way ...without stretching the imagination and telling porkies.
    "Reasonably truthful"...........Hmmmmmmmm.

Banned

When not if the sp eventually hits $30 i don't think I'm going to give a toss about exec share sales or how a schizophrenic market behaved in between times.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Market Update Investor Call

https://thea2milkcompany.com/wp-content/uploads/IR-call_280920.mp3

Well worth spending a good 40min of your time listening to conf call ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Thanks Sb9 - Im not sure if the call was comforting though! They didnt actually address the selldown, the just addressed the surprise of sep trading. Found it elusive
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    When not if the sp eventually hits $30 i don't think I'm going to give a toss about exec share sales or how a schizophrenic market behaved in between times.
    Unlike Jimdog, I found the Conference call helpful. The Exec team explained that the Daigou downturn was first noticed in late Sept ie after the much criticised 'exec selloff'. (Also as Couta has noted the Exec team still hold an eye watering number of shares.)

The call also revealed that sales in Mother and Baby Stores were up 77% YOY as at Sept.

So just maybe all this is about Chinese sales adjusting to a shift in distribution channels. Either way, the call revealed that ATM is 'well positioned' to cover the changes.

Anyway.... each to their own. DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Unlike Jimdog, I found the Conference call helpful. The Exec team explained that the Daigou downturn was first noticed in late Sept ie after the much criticised 'exec selloff'. (Also as Couta has noted the Exec team still hold an eye watering number of shares.)

The call also revealed that sales in Mother and Baby Stores were up 77% YOY as at Sept.

So just maybe all this is about Chinese sales adjusting to a shift in distribution channels. Either way, the call revealed that ATM is 'well positioned' to cover the changes.

Anyway.... each to their own. DYOR and take responsibility for your own decisions.
    Fair enough Left field. I didn't say it wasn't helpful , just said I didn't' find the addressing of the selldown comforting, semantics I know

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdog31 View Post
    Fair enough Left field. I didn't say it wasn't helpful , just said I didn't' find the addressing of the selldown comforting, semantics I know
    No prob's.....be boring if we all held the same views!

My concern is they are still avoiding what effect on revenue the diagou in australia has had. what percentage is it down from last year? And how much of their total revenue is the diagou in Australia responsible for. Why can't they put a number on it? If they can why are they not willing to share that with us?

There was a comment in there saying we as investors need to do our own research.. or along those lines. Isn't the purpose of having shareholder questions that directly relate to its recent downturn call for them to answer these directly?

It sounded like their reason for a better second half depends mainly with Australia's covid control and not a lit A2 are doing themselves

Advanced Member

https://www.fool.com.au/2020/10/09/h...-trade-stoush/

Interesting news. Especially this “the company being included on the ‘unreliable entity list’ by the Chinese Ministry of Commerce on 19 September – which means A2 Milk could potentially get banned from trading with China in the near future”
    Last edited by Ggcc; 09-10-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    https://www.fool.com.au/2020/10/09/h...-trade-stoush/

Interesting news. Especially this “the company being included on the ‘unreliable entity list’ by the Chinese Ministry of Commerce on 19 September – which means A2 Milk could potentially get banned from trading with China in the near future”

That article writes as though A2 is an Australian business. What is it with Australians thinking A2 is theirs??

"With China clearly the biggest market for the dairy exporter, Australian consumer goods may be vulnerable to the ongoing trade war if China perceives Australia to be a US ally.