sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Suggest you folk take a look at this.

It may also pay you to look back on this thread as most if the Q's you are asking have been thrashed out previously.

Of course past performance does not guarantee future performance and with the USA elections there is likely to be considerable uncertainty in the market, so it is very much about DYOR and taking responsibility for your own decisions.

(Disc - long term holder.. and happy.)
    Thanks! I usually follow that channel in Spanish .

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Why ask if your a LT holder and see a sp passing its previous ath in due course? I cant see the point in worrying about even a dollar here or there in the big scheme of things. PS-The stock is such a screaming bargin it should be illegal.
    Getting very close to my tp for a top up, need to mobilise some funds quickly before it runs away..

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Getting very close to my tp for a top up, need to mobilise some funds quickly before it runs away..
    I keep averaging down, but can't do it forever!

Outside thinking.

Thankfully I'm sitting on a healthy cash balance primarily because I've been cautious regarding USA elections and took some profits off the table several months ago.

My guess is that ATM's shorters will also be watching the outcome in the US closely.

I'm not so worried about 'picking the bottom' ( as Couta says a few cents now matters little in the long term.) However, I'll only commit my cash when I see a mix of good news and a change in current ST trend.

IMHO the short term market could go either way depending on the US election results..... (better be careful - I'm beginning to sound like our resident Bear - Bull!!)

I can't wait to have the US elections out of the way!!

Banned

Yeah you can only enjoy a circus for so long and clowns can get irritating after a while, meantime babies are still consuming the same amount of milk as always.

.....I can't wait to have the US elections out of the way!!

I can't wait to watch the elections, grab the popcorn, biggest spectator event for a decade at least.

Investor

Thankfully I'm sitting on a healthy cash balance primarily because I've been cautious regarding USA elections and took some profits off the table several months ago.

My guess is that ATM's shorters will also be watching the outcome in the US closely.

I'm not so worried about 'picking the bottom' ( as Couta says a few cents now matters little in the long term.) However, I'll only commit my cash when I see a mix of good news and a change in current ST trend.

IMHO the short term market could go either way depending on the US election results..... (better be careful - I'm beginning to sound like our resident Bear - Bull!!)

I can't wait to have the US elections out of the way!!
    I hear you re US elections scenario having an impact on markets in the short term, but does it really matter who comes into Power for a company like A2 in the longer term. I treat the US elections as a short term distraction and will be a non-event very soon.

I hear you re US elections scenario having an impact on markets in the short term, but does it really matter who comes into Power for a company like A2 in the longer term. I treat the US elections as a short term distraction and will be a non-event very soon.
    There are risks around the freedom of global trade having a US president with protectionist tendencies facing off with China that is similarly disposed to putting narrow national interests ahead of seeking global consensus. The US-China trade issues need to be resolved soon.

Not only the US china trade war. If Trump stays in he'll provide more stimulus. But there could be riots. Atleast the economy will stay open. If Biden wins, we could see people in lockdown and the economy heading south.. and we all know what happens when the US market goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Lion_graf View Post
    Not only the US china trade war. If Trump stays in he'll provide more stimulus. But there could be riots. Atleast the economy will stay open. If Biden wins, we could see people in lockdown and the economy heading south.. and we all know what happens when the US market goes down.
    An even bet there will be stimulus and riots either way. Also, there will be a pandemic either way and economic disruption as a result, more likely prolonged under Trump but still there under Biden. For ATM the biggest potential risk is global trade wars or random protectionist measures that knock them out of markets.