sharetrader
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Market thought it was worth $21 a few weeks ago, now reckons its worth $14. Can't have been right both times.
    Most of the time you can trust the market to be right about as much as a bull in a China shop, currently only 13% of the shareholder base of this stock are setting the price, the other 87% are either sitting back doing nothing or accumulating off the 13%.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregnz View Post
    I only shop at sales.
    You sound like my wife. I tell her: "only buy it if you actually need it and don't worry about the price. That way, saves you money in the long run and much less stuff to dump/hoard".

Banned

You sound like my wife. I tell her: "only buy it if you actually need it and don't worry about the price. That way, saves you money in the long run and much less stuff to dump/hoard".
    My wife earns her own money and buys what she wants, when I've tried to interfere its always ended badly so I've learnt to shut up in the main. PS-She always buys A2 milk though so that's good.

To be honest, I do both, only buy what I need and only buy on sale.

Market thought it was worth $21 a few weeks ago, now reckons its worth $14. Can't have been right both times.
    in between those times new information came out , so the price adjusts accordingly. so yes it can be right both times
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Maybe, but a deluded sense of self importance can blind one to reality, unless you are an insto then your influence on the sp of this stock is zilch other than to shake a few newbies and fearful holders out.
    the reality is the price is $14 so no delusion on my part
    one step ahead of the herd

So from my limited knowledge. If there are approx 800 million shares in ATM and the company has about $854 million in the bank account then with a PE of 1.0 the price per share would be about $1 ea ?
    Cheers Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Dotbond View Post
    So from my limited knowledge. If there are approx 800 million shares in ATM and the company has about $854 million in the bank account then with a PE of 1.0 the price per share would be about $1 ea ?
    Cheers Trev
    At a PE (price to earnings ratio) of 1, the share price would equal the company profit/number of shares. Would have nothing to do with the money in the bank.

At a PE (price to earnings ratio) of 1, the share price would equal the company profit/number of shares. Would have nothing to do with the money in the bank.
    And that would be the profit of the current financial year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotbond View Post
    And that would be the profit of the current financial year.
    You can look at the last announced profit or the forecast profit. You just need to be clear what you are looking at.