sharetrader

And the sharemarket seems to price in the future.
    Thanks for the explanation Biscuit.

I'm far from an expert when interpreting stock shorting. Anyone with knowledge, I noticed yesterday short positions for A2 were down on shortman.com.au, I seem to recall by -0.05, not a lot, but I've noticed today that while the share price has increased the number of short positions has also increased.

Someone mentioned to me that this could be traders covering their short positions as they said they would expect an increase in short positions if traders were looking to cover?

So question being, is this good movement with the share price increasing or should we be expecting to see shorts drop off significantly?
    I'm trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on another batch of shares to add to the ones I hold if its possible this is the start of the usual November rally.

Outside thinking.

Well, well..... seems the claim by some that "Bad News (for ATM) always comes in threes" has been proved wrong today.

Good news for ATM that SML have settled the Pokeno dispute (and the effect is 'not material.')

Here's the release.

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Well, well..... seems the claim by some that "Bad News (for ATM) always comes in threes" has been proved wrong today.

Good news for ATM that SML have settled the Pokeno dispute (and the effect is 'not material.')

Here's the release.
    Good news for both, especially SML

Banned

Here's the release.
    I reckon the 3's crowd are going to be proved very wrong over the next few months. Lol

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I reckon the 3's crowd are going to be proved very wrong over the next few months. Lol
    Yeah.....11:11 pre sales looking great.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I don't think they will get upset by it though. The posters I have seen with opinions like that are pretty good at saying they called it wrong. Luckily we did not sell out and I have been accumulating near $14 and I intend to get more if price heads further south.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    I don't think they will get upset by it though. The posters I have seen with opinions like that are pretty good at saying they called it wrong. Luckily we did not sell out and I have been accumulating near $14 and I intend to get more if price heads further south.
    For sure, but calling for 3 downgrades in a row for a company of this quality is just plain silly.

Here's the release.
    Balance is not talking about bad news coming in threes for ATM. He's talking about downgrades usually come in three's for most companies, most of the time and in my experience they usually do.

Time will tell. Commentary at the annual meeting on 18/11/20 will be the next marker but you might have to read the tea leaves on what they have to say. Unlikely to be another downgrade this early...but you never know...stranger things have happened. On the other hand Forbar were pretty bullish yesterday.

Me, I don't buy stocks in a confirmed downtrend no matter what brokers have to say or how vocal people are on here saying that a stock is screaming value. I've learned that its very hard to make progress when you're swimming against the tide.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-11-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Balance is not talking about bad news coming in threes for ATM. He's talking about downgrades usually come in three's for most companies, most of the time and in my experience they usually do.

Time will tell. Commentary at the annual meeting on 18/11/20 will be the next marker but you might have to read the tea leaves on what they have to say. Unlikely to be another downgrade this early...but you never know...stranger things have happened. On the other hand Forbar were pretty bullish yesterday.

Me, I don't buy stocks in a confirmed downtrend no matter what brokers have to say or how vocal people are on here saying that a stock is screaming value. I've learned that its very hard to make progress when you're swimming against the tide.
    Balance has been pretty good on his predictions on some stocks however his track record has not been good on this one. PS- I'm a strong swimmer.