sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Off course your staying out cause you were hardly ever in anyway.
    I'm not going to get into a #$%^ing contest with you on this but what you said is factually incorrect so I will correct it. I did very well in the years up to March 2018 and especially in that year when it went from ~ $3 in March 2017 to $13 in March 2018. All the best with it mate.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-11-2020 at 10:11 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'm not going to get into a pyssing contest with you on this but what you said ifs factually incorrect is will correct it. I did very well in the years up to March 2018 and especially in that when it went from ~ $3 in March 2017 to $13 in March 2018.
    What was your holding size?

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    I honestly want Chairman Mr Hearn to go....adds not much value imo being UK domiciled. Sure we can find someone more capable to step in closer to home, here's a thought how about Geoff for Chairman role after he finishes up from his current interim CEO role.
    Agree sb9 .....as I’ve said before done his dash. For some weird reason everytime I see or hear him I think of Boris Johnson.

Wouldn’t want Geoff as Chairman either..has been a wasted year having him in their temporarily ....suppose got to blame Hearn for that as well.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Who cares what his holding was, Beagle has some valid points just like yourself.
    No point getting butt hurt cause someone isn't all pro A2M.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    What was your holding size?
    I suggest you re-read my comment.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I did very well in the years up to March 2018 and especially in that when it went from ~ $3 in March 2017 to $13 in March 2018.
    That's what speaks volumes about ATM, a couple of $bucks in two years 2018-2020. Have to trade it to make any real money. A confirmation of the first downgrade with heaps of caveats is imo the second downgrade. ATM going nowhere, slowly.

Investments

Reservations of many people about ATM and its immediate future is very understandable ...But for me risk / reward favours investment or holding strategy as its one of the very few blue chip quality stock available at very reasonable levels ( as risks are involved ) compared to most of the market having over saturated valuations

50-75 % returns in 1-2 years are worth the risk of some short term hiccups .

Just my humble opinion DYOR as always

Advanced Member

Nice start for the day, but will it hold when Aust come online?
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Reservations of many people about ATM and its immediate future is very understandable ...But for me risk / reward favours investment or holding strategy as its one of the very few blue chip quality stock available at very reasonable levels ( as risks are involved ) compared to most of the market having over saturated valuations

50-75 % returns in 1-2 years are worth the risk of some short term hiccups .

Just my humble opinion DYOR as always
    Exactly and bar 2 other stocks i can think of, the rest of the NZX is **** value, I'd rather have my money here or earning next to no interest than paying scorched earth muiltiples.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    That's what speaks volumes about ATM, a couple of $bucks in two years 2018-2020. Have to trade it to make any real money. A confirmation of the first downgrade with heaps of caveats is imo the second downgrade. ATM going nowhere, slowly.
    They have certainly very carefully prepared the groundwork for a second downgrade, I don't think there's any dispute about that.
    Yes, since April 2018 ATM has materially underperformed the NZX50 which is a long 30 months but for loyal shareholders they're quick to point to the stellar outperformance over longer comparative timeframes which is fair enough but in doing so they rather conveniently (in my opinion), gloss over the evidence that growth is dramatically slowing and the reason FY18 was the last year of stellar share price growth is because that was the last year of stellar eps growth. My nose (which I have come to rely on and trust), tells me there's a LOT of people with emotional attachment issues with ATM. They made so much money in the years up to FY18 its VERY hard to be truly objective now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-11-2020 at 10:30 AM.