sharetrader
    Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

Quote Originally Posted by RupertBear View Post
    Agree. A real friend doesnt trash you on a public forum. Its not helpful and not ok IMO.
    Apparently I am not allowed to have an opinion on this...So I get another negative rep from the Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I thought sharing alternate points of view, methodology and information was the reason for the forum? Not just looking for affirming ones opinion and having a whole lot of group think and reef fish.

Play the ball, not the man.
    Exactly. Share facts about the companies we all invest in, and don't personally criticise the investing strategies of individuals. Each to their own, and each has a reason for doing what they do which they are not obligated to explain to anyone else. Or even try to. I have been investing for nearly 40 years and have been overweight in many stocks from time to time as part of MY strategy - which is no one else's business. And it has all worked out just fine. Just being a Johnny Come Lately contributor on this forum does not undo any of those investing achievements over 40 years. Maybe if I quickly post another 16,999 posts Beagle will consider me an Expert of equal standing. But I would suggest like all other things in life it is Quality not Quantity that counts. Except that Quantity in terms of $$ returns from investing is pretty much up there as well otherwise we all wouldn't be on this forum ! Onwards and upwards.

Advanced Member

sw 2c worth..... come back couta1 and come back Beagle. I sit on both sides of fence and sometimes have 100% in one stock for a little while. We need both to come back. And while you are at it..... Bring back Buck....

Guru

In terms of the argument with heavy weighting (in A2), it is simply because many here were earlier shareholders and bought sub $1. It has given some individuals tremendous gains and much increased wealth. I would expect some (like me) have sold down or been in & out, and not that it necessarily makes it right in terms of investment strategy, but would be free carry.

I can't blame anyone of viewing A2 with milk-coloured glasses. Past experiences help form further expectations.....

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Let's all take a chill pill and recognize that Beagle and Couta1 are actually good friends and have been ribbing each other for quite a while.

Beagle has been receiving a bit of stick for his comments here but unlike some other posters, he does it in the spirit of articulating his views rather than admonishing Couta1.

I am sure Couta1 does not need anyone to stand up for him being the single minded and focused individual he obviously is.

Have a lovey day, everyone.
    That is all very well, (not being critical !), but 'good friends' do not criticise each other on a public forum - they do it in private, probably in a fairly robust discussion. Criticising in public is just trying to win a popularity contest by seeking affirmation from the masses that one's own comments are the only correct ones.
    I have it on good authority - Don't hold your breath about there being any phone calls between these two any time soon. Criticism cuts deep. Stick to discussing the companies we all invest in, their prospects and your interpretations of their announcements / financial information. Personally I think it would be great if Beagle and Couta1 returned to share their wisdom, but not to criticise and attack others investing strategies, or having to defend their own. I do not see that as being what this forum is all about - such behaviour just detracts from the value of the informative posts and creates a lot of 'noise' that we other readers have to wade through to get to the good bits !

my 2c worth,and I don't come on here often anymore.

Forgive and forget,lets move on.

Talk about ATM, way worth talking about. I do love this company but currently not a holder,but waiting for the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Copy of email received from former poster Moosie yesterday. Those who have only been here for 5 seconds should focus on making a series of really meaningful contributions before having the audacity to sit in moral judgment on those who have made thousands over the last decade.
    Again trying to prove how right you are, because Moosie said so. The point still being, nobody cares how the next man chooses to invest their hard earned. And certainly nobody intends to try fix someone else because they have a different appetite for risk. FWIW I agree that 90% in one holding is far too exposed, but I don't intend to spend 50 pages spamming all the reasons why I am right and they are wrong in the middle of a thread about A2. And if a 'meaningful contribution ' is listing 6 points and having 4 of them talk about why Couta is wrong, then maybe I am doing this forum wrong but regardless of portfolio size or number of forum posts, crap behaviour should be called out.

Whether you see this or not, who knows. I see you have left the thread for the 8th time in the past 3 months... See you next week I guess
    Last edited by porkandpuha; 26-11-2020 at 12:37 PM. Reason: edit

Yawn, battle of the egos.

Can we get back to talking about A2?

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Yawn, battle of the egos. Can we get back to talking about A2?
    Agree.... and nice to see the SP getting a bit more interesting this arvo...

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Agree.... and nice to see the SP getting a bit more interesting this arvo...
    Have UBS released the park brake?