sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Not brilliant for China either as alternative coal sources are costing them big time.
    Unfortunately, both sides are paying the price but who is going to suffer more?

Interesting to note that Indonesia is happy to price its coal and receive payment in RMB. World is changing.

For what’s it worth Kingfish have reduced their holding

fol
    a2 Milk (+1%) maintained its first half 2021 and full year 2021 guidance at its AGM. During the Singles Day festival, a2 grew volumes +24% year on year which was in line with expectations. Management have pointed to "green shoots" of a recovery in the daigou sales channel, however we have reduced our position size as the recovery in the daigou channel is developing slower than we had anticipated.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    For what’s it worth Kingfish have reduced their holding

fol
    a2 Milk (+1%) maintained its first half 2021 and full year 2021 guidance at its AGM. During the Singles Day festival, a2 grew volumes +24% year on year which was in line with expectations. Management have pointed to "green shoots" of a recovery in the daigou sales channel, however we have reduced our position size as the recovery in the daigou channel is developing slower than we had anticipated.
    You were right winner. Let's just hope they reduced at a price closer to $20 than $14 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/au...14-p56ne7.html

China suspends Australian coal imports indefinitely.

Things getting from bad to worse.
    Interesting, but what is the relevance for ATM? ATM does neither produce coal nor is it an Australian company.

I guess the only connection I could see (and this is a long shot) is that thanks to the Chinese embargo of Australian coal Synlait might be able to get cheaper coal for drying their A2 milk powder ...

Maybe you should put this discussion on some more relevant thread ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    You were right winner. Let's just hope they reduced at a price closer to $20 than $14 though.
    No ...been reducing recently so mostly around current prices I’d say
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Interesting, but what is the relevance for ATM? ATM does neither produce coal nor is it an Australian company.

I guess the only connection I could see (and this is a long shot) is that thanks to the Chinese embargo of Australian coal Synlait might be able to get cheaper coal for drying their A2 milk powder ...

Maybe you should put this discussion on some more relevant thread ...
    Totally relevant to ATM.

Cannot be bothered repeating the discussions going on now for weeks on how China is imposing trade sections on Australia and dairy could be next.

All I can say is the World is watching and probably start reducing their dependence on China ........... lesson "never put your eggs in one basket"

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Totally relevant to ATM.

Cannot be bothered repeating the discussions going on now for weeks on how China is imposing trade sections on Australia and dairy could be next.
    Imagine all IF made and shipped from NZ as is Danone and few others but would hurt Bellamy in Aus

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    All I can say is the World is watching and probably start reducing their dependence on China ........... lesson "never put your eggs in one basket"
    It is already happening. The faster A2 spreads its wings to other nations the better. China is using its weight and pushing OZ around.... It is more about issuing a warning shot to other countries to stay out of their domestic affairs I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    Imagine all IF made and shipped from NZ as is Danone and few others but would hurt Bellamy in Aus
    And end of substantial A2M daigou trade from Oz to China.

That is why the market is nervous as hell.